• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cummins now competes with Powerstroke

ISX

I am not sure when they did this but I just looked and it is now advertised as 350hp and 800tq. Before it was 350/650. So they just bumped it in the last month. Ford has been at 400/800 for some time now. Guess they finally kicked the cummins up a notch. I just wonder why the 6spd is still rated at 610TQ. The only thing I can think of is hot rodders will slam through the gears with their trailers and tear things up with all the power, so having an auto kinda eliminates that as long as the auto is built for the power :shrug:http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/2012/ram_2500_3500/capability/powertrain/#

It's the torque management that can work with the TCM that allows the higher levels on the slush boxes now. Remember if you want that 6sp in a light duty truck Dodge is your only option now. Ford and Chev dropped manual transmissions entirely begin the oil burners a while ago.

I thought the Powerstroke was a thing of the past in Fords since they split with navistar and started building their own diesel called the Lightning IIRC.:think:Or is this going to be one of those deals where everyone is going to keep calling it a powerstroke just like all skid steer loaders are called Bobcats even though it is a single brand name like ford or dodge.:clap:

• Like 1

I am not sure when they did this but I just looked and it is now advertised as 350hp and 800tq. Before it was 350/650. So they just bumped it in the last month. Ford has been at 400/800 for some time now. Guess they finally kicked the cummins up a notch. I just wonder why the 6spd is still rated at 610TQ. The only thing I can think of is hot rodders will slam through the gears with their trailers and tear things up with all the power, so having an auto kinda eliminates that as long as the auto is built for the power :shrug:http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/2012/ram_2500_3500/capability/powertrain/#

The 800tq has been available as a download since the 6.7 came out with it.

Even with the EGR, etc. the Cummins will do what the Furd does on half the fuel. And live a much longer life!!!Have you checked out what them Furd boys are getting mileage-wise with the "new" "diesel" they've developed "in house"??????? It's an 'effing joke!!! You'd be better off with a big block gasser.......for the mileage them Furds offer.