• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ok thanks fellas. This is probably a dumb question, but what can I tow legally for weight with this truck? I ask because i'm getting my new trailer registered and I know what that can be done at, but then i got wondering what weight my truck is actually allowed to haul. I have a Reese 14k gooseneck hitch

You should have a combined wieght limit of 20k by the manufacturer. I am not sure how the individual states look at that though. some might be less but i dont think any would be more than that, legally. I believe Mike posted a list here somewhere showing individual state limits.

• Owner

You should have a combined wieght limit of 20k by the manufacturer. I am not sure how the individual states look at that though. some might be less but i dont think any would be more than that, legally. I believe Mike posted a list here somewhere showing individual state limits.

He's in Canada... :canada: I do have the limits for the US... http://www.towingworld.com/articles/TowingLaws.htm

My truck QCSB 2000 3/4 ton with helpers weighs in at 8,800 lbs with a full tank... Though, that scale may be a bit off as that really seems heavy.

I was asking all of these questions because if i register my trailer for hauling under 10000lbs I get a 2 year inspection and its about $30 cheaper. I decided to register it for the max instead( 1 year ins) simply because the trailer weighing in at 3800lbs if I want to put a truck or anything on it i'd be over the 10000lbs. This way i'm safe if i get into an accident because you know that's the first thig they would do, weigh my load and try to blame me by being over what I was allowed. Thanks guys