• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Door bushing

Alright, so me being an ex-GMC/Chevy owner, I was all too wary of how Dodge went about doing their door hinges and pins. So far, they seem to be a pretty stout setup. Although, I have one qualm about their system. You can;t service them! Their pins are pressed on the ends. I have no idea how I could ever seperate the door from the hinges unless I were to destroy the pins. How I could ever get pins to work again is an idea I can't wrap my head around.My reason for getting on the soap box is because the bushing for the door limiter arm is shot to the point that my door creaks upon opening and closing. Does anyone know how to remedy this and/or has someone come out with an "invention" to fix this problem?

Sounds like the only thing I can necessarily do is spend the $40 per hinge to get them fixed. Looks like the upper hinges include the limiting arm assembly.I was thinking mor along the lines of somehow using some teflon and halving a tube of it and putting the splits in the hole.Sounds like I'm gonna need to do a little more research on this one... I'll keep you posted!

I know its a little after the fact but dont start up or shut down the Cummins ISB engine with the doors open and you'll never have hinge problems. The ISB is like a paint shaker. :)

Good point, I will be sure to remember that. In fact, I think I even heard that once before when I got the truck. Just forgot it. Although, my door hinges are just fine. Its them darn bushings that are'nt.

• Owner

Years ago I convert a older Dodge Ram Charger to a doorless hunting rig for a friend. What I did was pulled the door pop the pins out and put then in from the other side and sanded the pins slightly. So it was easy to take a small hammer pop the pins and load the door in back and cruise the mountain roads doorless... :whistle:post-2-138698188178_thumb.jpg

My wife has always had a bad habit of opening the doors before I turn the truck off but I think I finally got onto her enough I think she finally learned.:nono:

My family wont touch the door handle until I shut it off. If someone who doesn't know the truck "rule" climbs out before the engines off, I'll let it idle until they shut the door. Sometimes gets strange looks but who cares. They're not the ones who'll have to deal with sagging doors. :)