• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Back on the saddle.

So if you are familiar with the "whipping the dead horse" thread then you are up to speed on my truck. Recap; new fass UNO five oh- new vp 44- new rv 275- new heavy duty studs- new edge cys w/ juice- adjusted valves- new oil. So how high should my egt be at start up? And then when it's wArm?How accurate is the engine temp on edge? My fuel pressure rides at 16.5 and doesn't go below 15 at wot. Is that ok?My turbo has a hard pipe and I couldn't put elbo on from edge, is that an issue?the banjo bolt from edge wouldn't jive with my fass fitting at vp so should I get a fitting that works? As far as I can tell it just is a low fuel pressure warning?On the edge you can adjust boost for all settings, what's a good setting for that? I see that if you put it at five boost kicks in early and smokes more than I do. Thanks guys. Couldn't do it without you

• Owner

So if you are familiar with the "whipping the dead horse" thread then you are up to speed on my truck.

Recap; new fass UNO five oh- new vp 44- new rv 275- new heavy duty studs- new edge cys w/ juice- adjusted valves- new oil.

So how high should my egt be at start up? And then when it's wArm? (250-300*F idling)

How accurate is the engine temp on edge? (Just as accurate as the stock sensor)

My fuel pressure rides at 16.5 and doesn't go below 15 at wot. Is that ok? (That's fine.)

My turbo has a hard pipe and I couldn't put elbo on from edge, is that an issue? (??? What's the elbow for)

the banjo bolt from edge wouldn't jive with my fass fitting at vp so should I get a fitting that works? As far as I can tell it just is a low fuel pressure warning? (VulcanPerformance would carry all fittings. I would use 14 as a low warning)

On the edge you can adjust boost for all settings, what's a good setting for that? I see that if you put it at five boost kicks in early and smokes more than I do. (Wide open for MPG reasons 1x5, 2x5, 3x5, 4x5, 5x5 I typically run 5x5)

Thanks guys. Couldn't do it without you

Answers in bold.

Like a raped ape!! These trucks make some Power man! How do you drive around at 5x5? I put mine on two or three by five and pass a convertible and smoke em out! I like it. As for that elbo I don't know it says it's optional and won't work on all models, like mine. Also my egt goes up to eight hundre on the freeway real easy is that ok?And how accurate is the mpg on the edge? Seems to jump around a lot. But when I'm doing seventy on freeway flat it holds pretty good at 22 mpg!Thats sweet, my t one hundred gets 18 and this things twice as bigim a dodge fanatic now and intend to do more improvements soon.If I get a scan gauge will that hook up with an edge installed?You guys are the s..t !!! (bee's knees) Thanks for your help.

• Owner

Like a raped ape!! These trucks make some Power man! How do you drive around at 5x5? (Really easy video below!)

I put mine on two or three by five and pass a convertible and smoke em out! I like it. As for that elbo I don't know it says it's optional and won't work on all models, like mine. (Now mine will do that too but I normally don't have anything to pass out here)

Also my egt goes up to eight hundre on the freeway real easy is that ok? (Normal. Anything below 1,200*F is fine)

And how accurate is the mpg on the edge? Seems to jump around a lot. But when I'm doing seventy on freeway flat it holds pretty good at 22 mpg! (Not... It not capable of being calibrated as far as I know!)

Thats sweet, my t one hundred gets 18 and this things twice as big

im a dodge fanatic now and intend to do more improvements soon.

If I get a scan gauge will that hook up with an edge installed? (Get a OBDII Y cable and you can hook them both up.)

You guys are the s..t !!! (bee's knees) Thanks for your help.

How to drive with Edge Comp on 5x5...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O0DPqqbryA

Then calibrated MPG on a ScanGauge II...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRQdoPs_tLo

Nice song on the second video. Pffff. Good drivin though. Thanks mike. Just got a scan 2 from auto zone for one thirty. I will order a wye tommorow. Then it should be good to drive home to the emerald triangle, Cali from here in Santa fe where I've been doing this work on my truck for two weeks. Can't wait to go home and show all those tree huggin stoners my sweet ride, and smoke em out!!thanks to all of you and I'll check in with you when I do my next project, transmission and turbo. You guys have a good thing goin here!! Thanks again, I'm goin home!! Yes!!Robin

• Like 1

Assuming you have a hx35 turbo - i cant see what transmisison you have.There should already be a elbow on it - your just replacing it with the adjustable one from edge. Its screwed into the turbo comp housing and connects to the wastegate.You can also TAP the turbo comp housing - its juts not usually required.If you have a HY35 ..... elbow doesnt work and you need a $4 turnbuckle from lowes and set your defuel point to 35psi.:thumbup2: