• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Code P0251

What does, his code actually mean? I know it states fuel feedback circuit, but does it mean fuel is detected in the feedback to the tank? Or a abundant amount of fuel is detected in the feedback circuit? Thanks in advance !

--- Update to the previous post...

Or if a injector isn't opening and delivering fuel to the cylinder head, could it cause this code?

• Owner

Here you go... http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/59-obdii-error-codes/169-p0251-vp44-pump-fuel-valve-feedback-circuit

Fuel injection pump mechanical failure fuel valve feedback circuit is monitored when ignition is on. DTC may be stored when Engine Control Module (ECM) senses fuel command is within predetermined parameters, fuel pump battery voltage exists and fuel delivery valve solenoid is energized with greater than 9 volts.

98-02 Error code definition I didn't pay attention to the 03 year... :banghead:

Possible things are, FCA is going bad, crossover tubes need to be retorqued or the CP3 is going. I had the problem after I replaced my injectors. Would pop up here and there. Took the time and one mornin retorqued all the crossover tubes and has not comeback. Been 2 yrs. ow --- I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?s12e5c 2003 Ram with gauges and a Smarty! Not much more. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk