• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I am just curious as to what upgrades can support around what hp inrease. To my understanding doing just torque converter and valve body would be ok for a little more hp over stock but does anyone know about how much? Also, adding on the input and output shafts, how much more can you then add? My goal for now is a Smarty tuner and 75 horse injectors.

Why do a billit output? Unless you really like pulling trannys?It is a grand per shaft.The converter around a grand.V-body 750.$$To me thats not a budget build.But thats whats in your thread.So to me a single disc is not a good idea.Imho do it up the first time.Yes save a little now,but then you have to do it again.However you know your goal and how you intend to drive said truck.I am just trying to help.Then again i tend to over kill sometimes...well most of the time.Some guys can be happy with just a few upgrades.Diesel power can be addicting.If you have self controll your thread ideas are good.:smile:

• 1 month later...

I installed a BD Valve body and single disc converter rated for 450 hp at 40k miles, I now have 110k on the rig and have totally tortured my tranny and have been at 560hp for about 3 years and sled pull and drag race it and it just keeps ticking, I had to replace a snapped output shat with a billet resulting from 1/8 mile Drag races with a smarty but that was only about a 3 hour job, It only requires removal of t-case and rear OD section of tranny "6 bolts". No tranny removal needed for output shaft replacement. Everyone said I "HAD" to replace the tranny with full built billet to compete..........That was about 5 years ago. I spent 1400 bucks for the parts to put in my stock tranny. It has given me lots of extra life. Had I listened to everyone I would have been out 5K for no reason. I know my days are numbered but I believe in the theory or "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". And don't spend money on things you don't need":razz: