• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Timing a VP44 - Quest for MPGs..

• Owner

Well I can give you this much for food.Weather around here jumped up to about 85-95*F and I unplugged my rheostat on the IAT and hooked up the IAT sensor again to play with ideas. My last trip to Boise, ID I pulled 24.5 MPG round trip with hot weather. Then today I had a take trip up to Donnelly, ID weather was cold 44*F and light raining off and on. Well the rain pretty much stopped and still the weather continued to be cold 44-48*F most of the day. My MPG now fell from 24.5 from the Boise trip to 20.5 on today's trip. Cold air tend to degrade MPG's when using the IAT... Time to get my switch built... :whistle:

• 1 year later...

Well I can give you this much for food. Weather around here jumped up to about 85-95*F and I unplugged my rheostat on the IAT and hooked up the IAT sensor again to play with ideas. My last trip to Boise, ID I pulled 24.5 MPG round trip with hot weather. Then today I had a take trip up to Donnelly, ID weather was cold 44*F and light raining off and on. Well the rain pretty much stopped and still the weather continued to be cold 44-48*F most of the day. My MPG now fell from 24.5 from the Boise trip to 20.5 on today's trip. Cold air tend to degrade MPG's when using the IAT... Time to get my switch built... :whistle:

hmmmm, Rheostat on the IAT? Could you expand on this? I am also looking to increase the economy of my truck, so this might be something I would like to do. Also Thank You for the Site. Great informatation