• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

heater core

First off this is mainly for a 98 Grand Cherokee. Haivng done the heater core and evap in it in time for winter, I had to wait to refill the AC. Which of course I am almost certain the heater core started leaking again. Same symptoms as before. Got the core from rockauto. Aluminum one with a type of crimped on line. Doing research others have said the lines has a good amount of resistance to them to turn. Well mine didnt. would almost spin on there own just by gravity. Of course after the jeep is back together. How this relates: During searching on trying to get the AC working in my truck, and seeing Mike's heater core pics, My 01 Ram the the 98 Gran Cherokee use the same heater core. :think: Now not wanting to pull my dash again, just installed an alarm, I want to get the fixed tube heater cores, like the OEM ones. I think I ordered one from rockauto as they always have pics but it seems to be a universal pic. I will find out soon I guess. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone get a oem style heater core for less then a dealer? Only paid 40ish for both cores. Just trying to plan ahead as I know the minute I fix my AC the heater core will go out. :ahhh: ok 98 Jeep swivel tubes: post-10668-138698189853_thumb.jpg non swivel oem style: post-10668-138698189861_thumb.jpg link to ebay auction showing a mopar ram one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Ram-Quad-Cab-94-01-NEW-Heater-Core-OEM-Mopar-/400307282152 Ok 2 different links but use the same pic : 94-01 Ram 93-98 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Bob,Sorry I have nothing helpful to offer. I couldn't find the subscribe button, but I just bypassed my core due to a leak, so I will be playing this game soon....... I too am trying to find out what I am coming up against.(found the button now... in the "thread tools" pull down. Imagine that!!)Hag

Got the heater core in from rockauto, picture not a shown. It was the swivel style. ON the other hand this one has some resistance to the tubes to align into position. The other one, not so much. Wife and I are gun shy about installing the swivel type. Quadratec Shows the old solder style core. The old one failed on the top of the core. Didnt look close enough to see if it was at the actual connection or not. Will have to check it out. Gotta see the return policy on the old leaking heater core. Once it was in couldnt have the jeep back down, needed it in the snow. I so need a 4wd cummins.

For those who have used the swivel style, did the tubes fall into position or was the fitting on the tubes tight enough so you had to move them into position? Been thinkin more and might have gotten a bad core the first time.