• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

fuel pressure gauge install question.

post-12982-138698206115_thumb.jpg

Thanks KY. It seems we're all visiting the same few good Cummins forums. :) Also, Geno's has the same kit, which they probably get from Vulcan.

glad to help.... it came with 1/8 line and im gonna swap it with 1/4 soon as i find the right fittings... i went ahead and mocked it up tonight and when i first started it up...i read 11 psi at idle... then it bled down to zero....while it was running...??? dont know why, but i thought maybe some air still in it....sooo bled the guage line again and got all the air out..put it back together fired it up....reading 5psi at idle..WTH?? not really sure but im gonna upgrade to the bigger line and also pick up a test gauge so i can compare

post-12982-13869820609_thumb.jpg

post-12982-138698206101_thumb.jpg

I'm leaning towards the 1/8" line being the culprit too. Its very difficult to get all (if any) air out if that size line. Did you also remember to make sure the isolators diaphragm is properly positioned? You take the eraser side of a pencil and gently poke it in the gauge line side to make sure the diaphragm is pointing fully towards the fuel line side.

I went through this a few months ago. I put a schrader tee right up into the isolator so I could purge air out of the fuel line right up the the isolator. I pushed the diaphragm in with a pencil eraser end, then filled up the gauge end with 50/50 mixture of anti freeze. Then took a plastic pop bottle and drilled a small hole in the cap. Filled with anti freeze mixture and stuck the 1/8" tube into the cap at the gauge. Once I could see no more bubbles coming out of the clear line under the hood, stick it into the isolator fitting. My intent was to purge all air from the isolator to guage. I got push fittings for both ends instead of the olive compression fittings. Much easier and re useable.

• Like 2

I'm leaning towards the 1/8" line being the culprit too. Its very difficult to get all (if any) air out if that size line. Did you also remember to make sure the isolators diaphragm is properly positioned? You take the eraser side of a pencil and gently poke it in the gauge line side to make sure the diaphragm is pointing fully towards the fuel line side.

yep....i set the diaphram before i filled it w/ fluid

oh, well... im gonna give the 1/4 line a try and if its a "no go" , im gonna ditch the isolator....

- - - Updated - - -

finally got-er-done...LOL

Def use 1/4 line from isolator to gauge..thanks everyone for the tips and suggestions!!!!!!!

• Like 1