• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck needs some new shoes

Its time to fit the ride with some new tread so I thought I would get some input. Currently running 265/75/16 (stock). I know for certain I want a highway tread type tire. Some questions:1. Should I go back with stock size?2. What is the biggest size I can fit on the stock rim?3. Will I need a leveling kit with a bigger size? 4. Brands to consider? Anyone run the Chinese brand BCT?5. How much does a bigger size impact the speedo?

• Owner

Its time to fit the ride with some new tread so I thought I would get some input. Currently running 265/75/16 (stock). I know for certain I want a highway tread type tire. Some questions: 1. Should I go back with stock size? 2. What is the biggest size I can fit on the stock rim? 3. Will I need a leveling kit with a bigger size? 4. Brands to consider? Anyone run the Chinese brand BCT? 5. How much does a bigger size impact the speedo?

Ok depends on what your looking to do? Are you in it for show or for the MPG's purely? 1. Stock or Smaller for MPG's if your going for show and willing to lose a few MPG go larger. 2. Hmmm... 285/75 R16 will go without a problem... Now going up from there you will get rub issues. 3. Depends on how big... :confused: 4. Hmmm... Never heard of it? Do you have a link to some information? :confused: 5. All depends on how much larger diameter your going. Stock is 31"... But to give you a feel here is a tire calc. http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

I have the BF Goodrich 295/75R-16 Trail TA Ko tires I purchase at Walmart and got their road hazard warranty on. They have been absolutely FANTASTIC tires. Easy to balance, ride VERY quiet just like OEM tires, bumped up the fuel mpgs a bit, and give great off road performance and pretty decent in mud but not great. They fit on the truck just fine BUT will rub the lower axle track bar just a bit on very sharp turns. They look great on the truck and give very good longevity compared to the last Walmart cheapie Liberator tires. :thumbsup:

helloI am new to forum , hope this helps.I have been looking @ tires for a month.Ordered tire today went with General HTS 265/75 16 E .This tire is rated #1 with Consumer Reports . Talked with some local guy's ,they said good tire to put under diesel, sides are not soft. You can get reviews and specs. @ tire rack or Treddepot. Second pick was General AT2 more aggresive tread,thought role resistance would be more than HTS. i am after MPG . And Made in USA ++

• 1 month later...

Well I ended up getting Firestone Transforce HT 265/75/16. So far so good after about 500 miles. A buddy of mine who owns a repair facility ordered them for me at 115.00 turn-key. I also found out while doing the tires I needed lower ball joints so we did those as well. I read somewhere that people were having problems with the Moog brand. Is this true? I elected to go with the Oreilly house brand which were less than half of the Moog. I hope they last. I hated doing that job...

I still have the original ball joints on my truck. From what I have read and heard, the Moog brand parts are good quality stuff. I would be interested in what others have to say about this.

i did my lowers and uppers on both sides...with a name like "problem solver" it's hard to feel bad....i have a write up coming, but it is for 2wd front end

i did my lowers and uppers on both sides...with a name like "problem solver" it's hard to feel bad....i have a write up coming, but it is for 2wd front end

Looking forward to your write up. Those original lower ball joints were tough to get out even with the air hammer, etc...My truck feels like new again...New tires, ball joints, aligned...Yippee.

hello I am new to forum , hope this helps.I have been looking @ tires for a month.Ordered tire today went with General HTS 265/75 16 E .This tire is rated #1 with Consumer Reports . Talked with some local guy's ,they said good tire to put under diesel, sides are not soft. You can get reviews and specs. @ tire rack or Treddepot. Second pick was General AT2 more aggresive tread,thought role resistance would be more than HTS. i am after MPG . And Made in USA ++

Most of the CR report info I disregard, the number I am interested in is rolling resistance. Like you noted. How does CR rank the General tire for RR? Last time I looked at CR the tires they ranked highest were ranked based on things I cared less about than mpg. I admit I haven't subscribed to CR for a long time. Last time I looked the stocky Michelin tires that come on our trucks were highest in RR numbers, followed by a BFG something, with the vast majority of the pack far from either of them. The other thing I like about the stocky Michelin's is the tire life. I have had other companies AT tires and they lasted about a third of what I thought they ought to.