• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Military Members Thread - Active, Retired, etc..

Rogan

I figured that with the amount of Prior Service members we have, I'd start a thread.

Feel free to talk anything military, reminisce, etc..

do start out, though, with your military experience.

- - - Updated - - -

US Army

1986-1994

19K20/19E20

E5-SGT

Last Duty Unit/Station:

2nd Bn 69th AR Div, 197th Inf. Bde., Mech.

Ft. Benning, GA

"Kelley Hill"

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEewzMUaBu4&feature=related

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyrAqNv1odM&feature=related

• Like 1

US Army1980-1984E-4 19DFt Knox for OSUT (basic & AIT)Ft Riley KS 1-34 Armor Goeppingen Germany 1-26 Inf deactivated and reconstituted as the 4-16 INFMarried a German girl, and stayed in Germany for 4 years after my ETS, to take a tool & die makers apprenticeship.My first duty as a newly minted Cav Scout with the 1st ID/CSC 1-34AR, was the battalion rifle team. We went on to earn the right to be the 1st Brigade rifle team. We shot against the 2nd Brigade, and won that match, which made us the 1st Division rifle team. That lead to shooting a match against all the other divisions in the 5th Army, which we handily won, so we became the 5th Army rifle team at the All Army matches in Ft. Benning that year. I don't remember how we did as a team, but I took home a bronze medal in one of the individual shoots.The funniest thing out of all that was the Plt. Sargent was pretty pissed about all this, because he assigned me to the team because I had just literally walked in the CP to report for duty. He looked at my jacket and saw that I had shot expert in basic, and said your now on the battalion rifle team till I get time for you. Much to his surprise, as soon as I reported to the team commander, I received duty exempt orders from the Battalion Commander. Then one from Brigade and then one from the 2 Star commanding the 1st ID, and then one from the 3 Star commanding 5th army.This all started in Jan. '81 and went into Sept or Oct. the same year. The whole time the E-7 is pretty pissed because he thought this would be over in a week. We had won the right to rep. the 1st ID and were practicing for the 5th Army matches, when it became time for the Battalions ARTEP. So on a Sunday morning the E-7 tells me to report to his track with my gear. I show him my orders, making me duty exempt from all things not related to the division rifle team. He said I don't give a crap get your sh*t and report to my track we are short handed and I need every man. So being the good soldier I was, I reported to his track. So all day Sunday and Monday I was doing the job I had trained to do. Tuesday morning about 10 am we get a msg for the pltoon to report to a certain grid coordinate. Not long after we get there a bird with a 2 star flag on the nose lands and out steps the CG, ACG, BDE CO, Battlion CO and our Company commander.The dressing down that all parties in my chain of command took in front of the whole platoon was epic. Every one of them was told that the next time one them disobeyed an order with his signature on it, they would all be transfered some place cold and lonely. After he was finished he came over to me and told me to get my gear and get on the bird. When we took off the only ones in the bird were me, him and the pilots. Delivered me to the shooting range, so I could shoot with the team.The E-7 was pretty cool about it after I was finished with the whole thing. Welcomed me into the platoon, and didn't give me any sh*t. When he became the acting First Shirt he made me the Company clerk. He told me right after we both came down on orders that he had no idea, the team had that much juice. I said hey Sarge didn't you notice the CGs signature on the orders? He said yea, but I had no idea it was more important than an ARTEP.My time in Germany was a let down after all that.Scout's out!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and I almost forgot. " If you ain't Cav, you ain't Sh*t". Just ask anybody :moon::lmao:

I never was in the service even though I tried to get in the air force. Couldn't pass the physical.My dad and brother were both in the service as MP's. Dad in Korea and brother in Nam.I have the greatest respect for you all.Thank you for your service.

• Like 1