• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

bad edge ez???

ok i just got this 99 dodge 3500 it has 250000 miles on it...runs real good it has an old edge ez, it only plugs into the vp44 and the map sensor. every once and a while it goes dead pedal around 70. i changed the map sensor and apps it was running better and did not go dead pedal for a while then i ran it out past 80 when i coasted back to 55 it went dead pedal again. could this old edge box be causeing this? i know it could be the vp44 but i dont want to think so i took off the edge box today. and have a scangauge in the mail

• Owner

Well back to standard diagnostics... Hows the fuel pressure and do you have error codes? http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/2ndgen24v/fuel-pressure/fuel-pressure.htm http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/2ndgen24v/obd2-error-codes/obd2-error-codes.htm Hmmm... Then I would disconnect the Edge for a while and check and see if the problem goes away...

i took it off tonight i have to go out of town so we shall see...have not looked up any codes but i just bought the scangauge it should be in monday or tuesday. im thinking its the edge box cause it ran like a new truck when i put that new map on it and after i took off the box i drove it up the road and there was no change in power like the box was never on it before

The most important thing to do now is get some guages on your truck so you can monitor more closely especially fuel pressure. The dead pedal feeling usually is a sign of VP44 failure. Lets hope not. What lift pump do you have on th truck? Good luck and be sure to check out all the Mopar Man's readings. Some good stuff..

• Owner

alright well took the edge off and drove her all night...it still done it a couple of times so i reckon im going to start rat holeing money and selling my kidneys to buy a fass fuel system and maybe a hotrod vp44.

Hmmm... remember hotrod VP44 doesn't last any longer than a Sotck VP44... Not to meantion that the HR VP44's don't take the electronics as well (programmers or box). HR VP44 are great for injector only systems...