• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Sign in to follow this  
toongoon

Improper shifting 47re

I have a 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel. About two months ago it had a cranking but no start issue, it happened about 5 times over 3 weeks. I got a code for crankshaft sensor so I replaced it and no more starting problems. But I also had codes PO 121, PO 236, & PO382, so I sprayed some contact cleaner into the TPS since that worked the last time when I had the problem a few years ago when I got a TPS code. However, after replacing the Crank sensor I was getting operation except for surging before shifting to 4th gear. Annoying, but not enough to search the problem yet.:banghead:About three weeks ago it started from stop like it was in third gear, when I got to 25-30 mph the truck would run fine. I had that problem a few days and now instead of going into second gear it slips out and and rpm's just go up, I let the accelerator off a couple of times and seems to connect to second gear for a second and then drops out again, if I get going fast enough to reach third gear the truck seems to run better but turbo is not working and I have a top speed of 50 mph.So far I have cleaned and reinstalled every ground I can find.Cleaned the battery terminals. Changed tranny oil and filter, readjusted the bands.Installed a new TPS and set the APPS by the instructions I found here.I am still getting the same codes:PO 121PO 236PO 382Any thoughts on this?:hyper: I would sure appreciate any feedback before taking it in.