• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Did you get the hard shifting sorted out? To me, it sounded exactly what I had to go through a year ago when the shift fork wore out. Some little retaining clip was put on wrong, and less than a year later it wasn't releasing the clutch fully. The only way to put in reverse was to shut off the engine!syncro reverse?? never heard of it. An earlier post suggested that.Which is the first clue that your clutch is hanging up, because there is no syncro in Reverse!It doesn't take much to keep that disk turning!as far as your 2 gear hang up, mine does it too, when cold. After it's warmed up, it's much better.I have noticed a lot of my 'buddies' shifting without using the clutch... like a semi tractor. Our transmissions don't like that at all! Even done perfectly, you are essentially 'driving' the vechicle by the friction cone (for a fraction of a second) You might of gotten one of those transmissions with some tired syncro's.another cause of a tired 2nd syncro could be: I ususally don't use 1st, and start out in 2nd. well, pushing the clutch in and 'grabbing' 2nd.. we don't give the trans much time to spin down... and force it! Our diesel clutch disks are much heavier than 4 cylinder car disks... and the flywheel effect from a heavier disk takes it's toll.OR... ( I didn't catch if you installed a new disk, or reused the old..) you might have a slightly sprung center on your disk. It's not that hard to do when removing/installing a heavy trans! You 1000% sure you didn't put the disk in backwards?(just thinking of any/all possible ways a clutch will 'hang')Looks like you have done a great job on your swap! :thumb1:

• Like 1

Did you get the hard shifting sorted out? To me, it sounded exactly what I had to go through a year ago when the shift fork wore out. Some little retaining clip was put on wrong, and less than a year later it wasn't releasing the clutch fully. The only way to put in reverse was to shut off the engine!syncro reverse?? never heard of it. An earlier post suggested that.Which is the first clue that your clutch is hanging up, because there is no syncro in Reverse!It doesn't take much to keep that disk turning!as far as your 2 gear hang up, mine does it too, when cold. After it's warmed up, it's much better.I have noticed a lot of my 'buddies' shifting without using the clutch... like a semi tractor. Our transmissions don't like that at all! Even done perfectly, you are essentially 'driving' the vechicle by the friction cone (for a fraction of a second) You might of gotten one of those transmissions with some tired syncro's.another cause of a tired 2nd syncro could be: I ususally don't use 1st, and start out in 2nd. well, pushing the clutch in and 'grabbing' 2nd.. we don't give the trans much time to spin down... and force it! Our diesel clutch disks are much heavier than 4 cylinder car disks... and the flywheel effect from a heavier disk takes it's toll.OR... ( I didn't catch if you installed a new disk, or reused the old..) you might have a slightly sprung center on your disk. It's not that hard to do when removing/installing a heavy trans! You 1000% sure you didn't put the disk in backwards?(just thinking of any/all possible ways a clutch will 'hang')Looks like you have done a great job on your swap! :thumb1:

Mines shift great when cold but when it gets hot in stop and go traffic is when it gets a little finicky. Im figuring it out more every day though. I used the clutch/pressure plate that were on the donor trcuk as they looked good. It crossed my mind that I may have put it in backwards too so I pulled it again and it was right. Its just like anything else, gotta get used to driving it. I put some Blumenthal coolers and hooked my temp gauge up today, will give an update in a few days about the temps I see.