• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New High Idle Video

Hey Mike, quick question comment. :bulb:When you solder the diodes to the switch did you "Heat Sink" them. Diodes are really sensative to heat and when you solder them you should heat sink them to prevent heat related damage to the innards of them. Heat sink is a term used to describe for example clamping a small vise grip or some other clamping device to the wire between the diode and solder area to absorb and disipate the heat before it transfers up the wire into the diode elemnt itself.

• Owner

Ummmm... No diodes in the setup... All resistors... Usually a alligator clip or such works good at that though... But after I build them I normally would take my DVM and stick it in the ECM plug and toggle the switch and see what the resistor value is... Then in the other position it should be a dead short between plug to plug... So on the ECT fooler you should see 3.3K ohms and dead short... And then on the IAT you should see 33K ohms and 56K ohm then dead short... The dead short is normal basically passing back to the sensor as normal... It the open circuits that are a problem and tend to throw codes.

• Owner

This is why I normally tell everyone to print the TSB off my web site and take it to the dealer with them for some reason most dealers are book smart to common problems but the odd ball stuff still throws them... As a matter of fact my dealer wouldn't do the flash for high idle for me...:eek: TSB for ya... http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/2ndgen24v/high-idle/tsb18-019-01.htm