• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

wider offset rims same tires, drives like sh*t.

Well finally picked my truck up yesterday and took for a test drive with my experienced alignment man. Truck is at least driveable and safe. Still not at 100% but def. can stand driving again. Also he is willing to keep adjusting he just wanted to know what quality I was specifically looking on my truck. On the test drive he at first told me he had done nothing since I brought it to him. when I drove my truck it only wondered about 10% of the time and it was a windy day so I was dumbfounded. Later He confessed to making several adjustments and WOW the truck is driving almost perfect.Truck has 169,000. miles on it at 110,000. I put on new upper an lower ball joints, Front springs for 2 in level, New front shocks, Track bar.I was told that every part of my steering system including the gearbox has some play not to the point of unsafe but when you add it all up with my wide tires I might be at the best driving until I fix and replace some items also with my offset rims and bigger than oem tires my truck rides on the humps of the road from having a wider wheel base. My plan is to over winter is to replace all the common wear items including the steering gearbox. In the spring get aligned again and I already know it will drive perfect. So thanks everyone, and for those who have a good vendor for the parts please share.:wink:

• Like 1

I feel stupid to even type this but I took a road trip today and the whole time I was thinking damn my truck is riding like a dump truck. I stopped after 70 miles checked tire psi only to find they were at 90 psi. I reduced psi to 50 psi and truck drives and rides like a champ. What the hell have tire companies come to is all I can think and yes I should of checked the psi myself. I have been checking wheel lug nut torque because of the different rims never dreamed of over inflated tires. Just glad it's resolved.

• Owner

I feel stupid to even type this but I took a road trip today and the whole time I was thinking damn my truck is riding like a dump truck. I stopped after 70 miles checked tire psi only to find they were at 90 psi. I reduced psi to 50 psi and truck drives and rides like a champ. What the hell have tire companies come to is all I can think and yes I should of checked the psi myself. I have been checking wheel lug nut torque because of the different rims never dreamed of over inflated tires. Just glad it's resolved.

Here is a formula on tire pressure. You need axle weight and itre information from the side wall. ((Axle Weight / 2) / Tire Weight capacity) x Tire Pressure Capacity = Inflation pressure My front axle weight is 4,440# Typical Load range E's 3,042# at 80 PSI ((4,440 / 2) = 2,220 / 3,042 ) = 0.72 x 80 = 58 PSI (Round up to 60) That simple. So doing the math on 4,440 and 2,860 for front and rear I typically inflate to 60 front and 40 in the rear. Hauling trailers its 60 front and 60 in the rear.
  • Like 2