• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Toyota FJ-60 Wiring / Electrical Guru's

RPM

So this might be a bit out of the norm. I am doing a 350 Chevy swap into my sons 1983 FJ-60. The motor is a 1987 out of a GMC van (I know, probably not everyone’s first choice but I have to play with the Colorado emissions standards). The transmission is an older model 700R4.

To the meat of the question. The Toyota wiring harness had a four wire plugt hat went along the frame and plugged into the transmission if I recall, sorry the swap has taken longer then I thought it would. One wire is a white black I think is a ground. One is a yellow black that I have no idea what it is. One is a blue and if I power it sends power to the dash. The fourth is a red blue (?) that turns on the right reverse light.

What should I do with these four wires? Why does only one reverse light come on? I have a four pin plug in the 700R4 that is incorporated into the GM harness but I am not quite sure how the 700R4 activates the reverse lights.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ya, I checked the bulb and socket. No continuity between the sides. Maybe I have a short somewhere between them. I looked around a little on Ih8mud but couldn't fiund an answer to my specific question.Thanks though Mike :thumbup2: