• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

phat shaft turbo

I'll probably run the oem turbo on my '98 for now. Along with ISX'S pump mods. Should be in the 350 hp range. Main thing for now is to use what ever is still serviceable, get it running.But, somehow lastnight, got pulled into a advertisement for Phat shaft's products. They have many levels of turbo for the 12v... supporting 350 hp and up to 2000. The turbo they recommend for 'near exact' replacement, "perfect for towing" except it needs the HX40 downpipe, is said to be perfect for towing, DECREASES EGT... but will have a slight lag. (not a problem here) 62/70 14 cm housing.Next one 'up' is supposed to spool faster, will have a higher egt, (maybe not the best for heavy haulers). 12 cm housing.both are wastegated for 40 psi... I am curious if with the mods I'll be running will there be any noticable effect of running this?1600 for a turbo, plus the downpipe... I'm wondering if there is any 'bang' for the buck?I'll run the oem turbo, (If it's ok!) I still need to hear it run first!since this is my first stab at modifying a diesel, Just was curious on what various 'upgrades' will do or not do~

exactly! (get her rolling first!) since this will be a work truck first... the original size should be ample.I was just curious (if and when the oem does croak) if these 'upgraded' turbos are worth the cash.Geez, how do you 'match' a turbo... the choices go on and on... wheel size, housing size.. number of blades.. If I ever need one, I want to make dang sure it's the right one the FIRST time. 1600-2000 bucks is a lot for me to experiment with! Head is still spinning from tonights episode of SOA....

I got my HX60 from the scrap bin of a local Cummins dealer...rebuilt it, i suppose each Cummins dealer scraps about a dozen of these each week, depending on the size of each dealership...You will find these HX60 on Cummins N11s !You can also get HT or HY60 on the same application but these do not work well in a compound setup because they rotate backwards...

• Like 1