• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Will Not Start- VP44 Dead? Code P1688, P1693, P0237

First off...it is an honor and great relief to have access to this site! Thanks to all whohave made it possible! :thumbup2::thumbup2: I have owned this truck for the past 3 years (35K miles).It is my first Diesel- All this help is very welcome!Sadness- Drove home, low speed cool down last 1/2 mile, parked, slept, woke...same as every return trip from town- but this time- my truck would not start the next morning! I admit I forgot to wait for the heaters the first crank, buteven after several attempts "post heater warm up"- it still would/will not start.Plugged in the block heater, charged the batteries up- gave it another shot...nope...nada! So I went for the OBDII and came up with...P1688 - P1693 - P0237Did I bust it? By not waiting for the heaters the first time around?:shrug:

• Owner

P1688 - Death Code for the Bosch VP44 Injection pump electronic are brain dead. Replacement is required. http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/59-obdii-error-codes/227-p1688-internal-fuel-injection-pump-failure P0237 - MAP sensor voltage is low. http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/59-obdii-error-codes/167-p0237-map-sensor-voltage-too-low As for the P0237 do the diagnostic on it first. Also if you got any modules hooked to the MAP sensor unplug them at re-test.

My Signature is up on my screen...not sure why it is blocked for you?

Good advise...I am installing a DTT Assassin fuel pump- or at least that is the plan-

Just hunting around for a pre-filter to install before the whole new set up. I would

also like to run a Big Line Kit while I am at it.

- - - Updated - - -

I am looking for a filter set up...with the 2 micron filtering suggested

in one of Mike's articles-

Any suggestions or links to others Successfully-Sweet Setups?

Still looking for a sweet deal on I-pumps- any ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the offer Mike-

My trailer would have to be pulled with my Dirt-Bike...

Then again you are south of me...maybe I'll just cost!

Bump... any Ideas for a pre filter set up... something that will get 2-3 micron... I want to set it up before my pumps. I will be installing an Assassin Fuel Pump from DTT and I want to protect it and the new Injection Pump I am also installing.

usually, most lp's can handle the fuel straight from the tank. I can understand why you would want a prefilter in front of your LP; to protect it as well. It's a noble idea, but is inherent problem too! Sucking fuel with a high performance lp through a 'tight' filter isn't the best scenario... In fact, pulling fuel through any filter is problematic. a good screen is normally all that's needed to protect a lift pump. My main problem with running a Pre-filter in front of a pump is cavitation, and increased jelling in very cold weather. I'd just run your good filter(S) after your lp.