• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Intermittant "wait to start" light

I have a "wait to start light" that doesn't come on all the time. I have to cycle the ignition switch maybe 5-6 times before it finally comes on, then truck will start.:hyper: No light, no start. I have a 99. Just bought it from a friend, he had this issue before the vp44 took a dump. I replaced pump, truck runs awesome once the light comes on. Did a search of the internet and now can't find the articles I found before.:banghead:I love this truck!:drool:

LOL I found the ECM. Today, driving it around, the light came on every time on the first try. In the past few days, if it sits overnite or longer, have to cycle the key a few times.Will try again in the morning and see what happens. Maybe looking for ECM soon.:)

Well, all day today, started truck probably 15-20 times and every time the WTS light came on the first time. One thing I did notice tho, is after fully warmed up, the WTS light comes on and stays on for at least 25-30 seconds before it shuts off. Then I start it. Is this acting normal? After fully warmed up shouldn't one be able to start the truck right up without waiting?I have not tried starting it when fully warmed up without waiting for light to shut off. Do you just ignore the light?Mitch

Well, did a few more starts today and it seems to be working fine. Tried starting right away after fully warmed up not waiting for light and it started right up.Thx guysYou think the computer had to reset after sitting so long?