• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

High idle after using my winch

This is the second time my truck has done this. I helped a buddy pick up his newly acquired dodge dually and I had to winch it up onto his trailer. When I get done winching, the truck is idling at 950 and won't come down blipping the throttle or brake. I drove it 15 miles miles home and it was still doing it when I got home and every stop sign in between. I came in the house for a couple hours and went back out to reset the apps and cranked it before I did, it fired up and idled perfect. This happened last time I pulled a truck onto a trailer but I had to reset the apps to get it to idle back down. I guess this is a safety feature so the batteries don't get low?

• 4 weeks later...

My 01 will do the same thing if I have been running at highway speeds for an extended length of time but I am unsure regarding the draw of the winch. Yesterday I had been driving for 700+ miles and my APPS tripped the computer and shut me down so I ended up doing a reset to bandaid it. I drove another 200 miles after that and it wasn't high idling like it was before. Perhaps it might be time for a new sensor? Here is a link that was shared with me. Seems the be the best price if you end up needing one. http://www.dodgecumminsapps.com/