• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rear disc brakes?

Happy new year all,would like to know all about any who have retro fitted 12v 2nd gen. 3500 with rear disc brakes? All pics greatly app. Would a set of rear rotors from a 01,02 truck work? I know its more than pulling my rear drums and putting rear discs on. I have did the rear Chevy break cyl. Up grade, a little better on stops. Thanks all. :hyper:

Happy new year all, would like to know all about any who have retro fitted 12v 2nd gen. 3500 with rear disc breaks? All pics greatly app. Would a set of rear roaters from a 01,02 truck work? I know its more than pulling my rear drums and putting rear discs on. I have did the rear Chevy break cyl. Up grade, a little better on stops. Thanks all. :hyper:

Dont know anything about it apart from most guys on a 24v say its easier to just do an axle swap. And the there's still some considerations. I did see an article once on a 12v - my impression was it was easier ...... but Ill have to see if I can find the article

At one time earlier in my ownership of the 2000 Ram 2500 I toyed with the idea of putting disck brakes on the rear.I contacted serveral aftermarket manufacturers and found that TSM Manufacturing offered a kit for my truck.For one reason or another I never pulled the trigger.Don't know if they offer a kit for a 3500 dually. It seems like you may have tried the upgrade route on another truck so this may not be the solution you want but if you haven't checked this route then that may be a possible option.Good luck with your search.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

EGR Brakes makes a complete swap kit for duallies. I had this kit, but decided not to run it after installing one side a few months ago. I pulled it back off, and did the Chevy wheel cylinder upgrade instead. First off, it is NOT a badly designed kit, but I just didn't like some facets of its installation and some of the parts it uses. It is very pricey and is known to require e-brake cable modification if you want that to work correctly; I was also concerned about master cylinder volume. Unless you are hugely dissatisfied with your current set-up, I would advise to save your money.

If you don,t mind me asking what where your reasons for wanting disks in back other than they are easier to repair and do an axle swap if anything because if you break down in bum f Egypt you will want the local parts store to carry whatever part you break not saying these kits use unavailable parts I just dont know what I do know is my buddy wanted to do disk out back and we found the axle swap was the cheapest and easiest way to go if it helps we did the research and got all that we needed (axle new ubolts didnt need them after all and new brake lines just cause) from the local salvage yard/parts store started at ten Saturday morning we were driving round town by 4 the same day line your ducks up and its easy meaning you must get a 3500 DRW or SRW axle depending on what you have and it must be the same ratio check your u bolt length due to the various amount of different blocks these tucks came with check your line connections and your good to go it really is just unbolt and bolt back in he did his for less than 500 because he resold the old axle and rebuilt the brakes and lines oh almost forgot check on ABS I don't remember if 2002 was the year 4 wheel became standard I may be wrong I'm betting your only RWAL either way compatibility shouldn't be an issue his was a 1996 and we used a late 2001 axle hope this helps

• Like 1