• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Went out to move the truck...

flagmanruss

dead batteries. Wouldn't turn over. On the 6A charger now. Wife moved the truck so she could snow plow with ATV a week ago. &^%$#! I'll know more in a day or so. I was going to clean up the tail light sockets... I took the Cirus for a new windshield yesterday. While the glass man had the cowel out... inspected the cabin air inlet... pefect... So how are mice getting into the heater? I don't get it???

I had a guy around here call me one time about his truck not starting and his batteries were brand new. All it took was a little corrosion under the positive drivers side terminal and it was dead. Lights under the hood wouldn't even come on half the time. There wasn't that much corrosion but apparently my definition of "that much" is way off. So if anything you might try cleaning them. And I could NOT see any corrosion until I took the terminal off.. Put something on them like the engine oil thing mike does. Not saying this is the problem but my truck sits months at a time with one battery thats 10 years old and leaking corrosion and it still starts. I'm not sure if theres an amp draw difference between a 12 and 24v as it sits there but from what I've experienced, its not significant enough after 6 months. The batteries are lower but doesn't seem they get low enough to care. If it was to sit over 6 months then I would consider pulling that IOD fuse. Anyhow, just something to maybe check :2cents:

I still have OEM battery terminal connectors. Treated red/green felt washers under them. There is none of the white corrosion. I didn't check for loose or oxidized connections. I don't think there was anything left on but one never knows. I'll look to see if I find any extra draws. I just started by running the cord accross the driveway & slapping the charger on it overnight. I'll clean the terminals. I have the correct terminal brushes. It might be that she moved the truck... didn't run it enough to recharge before shutting it off. She started again to put it back... didn't run enough to recharge... sat for another week with normal parasitic draws... She plugged in my solar charger... in the 'on with the key' socket so it did nothing... Thanks guys.