• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ISX: Wanna come to Virginia for a weekend?

that's about what I'm used to with this truck.. But it seems to stay pretty steady, regardless of empty or towing.. 11.5-12.5. Last tank netted 8.9 or so, and I about shat.. My '96 had 3.55s and an auto. Got 14-15 city, 18-20 highway. swapped in a 4500 and that jumped to 17 city, and a LINY round trip netted me 27.9mpg @ 68mph and a killer 2200rpm drone headache from the 7" muffler-less stack.. LOLThis 3500 has been a freaking headache since day one. Sure miss my '01 6 speed, but I think I miss my 12V '96 more :)How you liking the Eaton, now close to 3 yrs in?

That is exactly normal behavior for the trans when self-managing as far as my decade of daily driving an RE trans in my Dakota taught me.

If I leave it alone, the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts stay the same, then it'll usually shift into OD shortly thereafter, and slip like a mofo, then LU ~40mph and the slipping stops (obviously)

If you had a banjo bolt that goes into the supply line on the side of the pump with 1/8" NPT threaded into it for a fuel pressure gauge, would that solve your problems?

Funny, that's exactly the bolt of mine that got drilled and tapped for my garbage picked fuel pressure gauge.

Rogan, just a little FYI, the PCM on your truck looks at the TPS and the speed sensor on the side of the transmission to determine what gear to be in. If the TPS is producing lower than 'normal' voltage the PCM thinks you are just babying it.

• Like 1