• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

going to tackle the abs/brake lite issue today on the '00

after reading many posts on this issue.. This is a pretty common problem.Ours comes on after it self-diagnoses (after engine start) and before vehicle moves...I'm confused though on this, if the sensors are at fault or inbalanced, wouldn't it cause the warning light to come on AFTER the vehicle moves?? Will do the fuse check and visual inspection of connections here this morning...

I had this on my Cirus, repeatedly. After several trips to the shop, they finally replaced the wheel sensor. It's stayed fixed for several years since. The trick is to figure out which one. It would have been cheaper to replace it the first time.

• Owner

Simple test... Drive the truck and watch the speedometer. Does the speedometer function correctly without jumping up or down or falling off to 0 suddenly? If YES...

Then its a front sensor problem and I highly suggest you replace both as a unit.

If NO...

Then its a rear speed sensor.

Once corrected the light will automatically reset after driving the truck a shot distance.
  • Like 2

Simple test... Drive the truck and watch the speedometer. Does the speedometer function correctly without jumping up or down or falling off to 0 suddenly? If YES...

Then its a front sensor problem and I highly suggest you replace both as a unit.

If NO...

Then its a rear speed sensor.

Once corrected the light will automatically reset after driving the truck a shot distance.
On mine the brake and abs light are on,driving the speedo stays good. It is my understanding that the red brake light will come on also after an abs fault. At least that's how the FSM states it.