• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cold in Canada ?

dobienut

My brother is in Watertown, NY... up by the Canadian border & getting lake effects snows... He had -14 at 8:30AM & that was up from -19 overnight. I could not do it. We were +10 at 8:30 & that does me in. Yesterday I took my folding scooter to the grocery, the 2 minutes to deploy it was pretty rough. At least the parking lot was down to pavement in the afternoon so I could use my scooter.

Been anywhere from -20 to around +20 the last couple weeks here but for January that is normal, I can remember many winters that the thermometer never saw anything above 0 for 4-6 weeks at a time from december through february.Just suck it up and trudge on. I personally love how the extreme cold feel in my lungs, hard to describe it but it is almost like inhaling new life with every breath the air seems so clean and pure it only feels harsh the first few breathes outside but it then changes to a good thing, my wife loves the feel of it too. If you are moving and working one doesn't hardly know it, funny thing around here is you don't realize how climatized you are to it until it hits 20-30* and everyone is running around in t-shirts.Mike you have a very different climate if it is warmer in a valley, around here if it will usually be 10* colder down lower in a valley than out in the open as thats were the colder air settles and pools out. You must have warm air flowing through the mountain valleys keeping the coldes air from settling.

Weve been seeing windchill temps of -30 to-40 the last few days. A pretty rude awakening considering how mild of a winter weve had up to the last week. Usually by now Lake Erie is frozen solid as of last week it was still open. I imagine this week and the following will change that. My family was home from Wyoming over the holidays we had about a foot of snow and temps in the teens at night and low to mid 20's during the day. They were amazed thats all the colder it was they said it felt much colder. Just the difference in humidity even in the winter we see 60 -70% humidity and you can really feel it in your lungs on days like today.