• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Huge Firewood Score!!!

dorkweed

Working at one of my accounts today, one of the Amigos told me the farm manager OKed me to cut and haul firewood off the farm!!!! Lalo, the amigo, showed me the first tree they'd like removed..............it's a monster white oak, with about a 36-40 inch truck that fell last year during the drought/heat wave. That tree alone is probably 3-4 cords of wood at least!! It also took out a few 10-12" maples in the process. Looks like I'm gonna be set with wood for a while. Gonna start cutting and hauling on Sunday!!! Should probably get a new chain or 3 also!!

• Owner

Last 5 years I've been harvesting from the Poe Cabin Forest fire. http://westinstenv.org/sosf/2009/07/10/lasting-bitterness-over-the-poe-cabin-fire/ Now I'll be moving to Wesley Forest Fire and harvesting from there. All you need to do to kill a tree is expose it to temperatures above 140*F. The needles die and so does the tree. So the bark is a bit burned but the wood is good and dry by this summer. http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/payette/news-events/?cid=STELPRDB5393814 post-2-138698196532_thumb.jpg

post-2-138698196528_thumb.jpg

• Owner

Here is USFS logic. Hey there is to much ground fuels. Let's have a prescribed burn. Opps! The fire got out of control and burn more than expected. (Tax dollars to pay for the fire fighters). Year or two later... Dang too much ground fuel again all the burnt trees are falling over. Let's have another prescribed burn. (over and over again).I keep getting told by the USFS that these burned areas are going for log sale. Yeah right! They never hauled a single tree out if any burned area ever!The other thing that gets me bent out of shape is the EPA cracking down on vehicle emissions but there is more emissions in one forest fire than the entire city of LA or NY could produce in one year. Green house gases my @r$e...