• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anyone running a bottom feed sump on their stock tank?

I just checked out the XDP fuel tank sump and like the idea of it. I can install it without pulling the fuel tank. Are any of you guys running one? They are a bit pricy, but worth it I think. If I install one I'll go with a half inch stainless line to the front and mount my Air Dog FRRP back near the tank. That should solve any fuel issues.

I've heard that sumps don't completely solve 1/4 tank, or 1/8 tank issues. . . A draw straw that is installed correctly can be better than a sump.The absolute best way to solve low fuel issues, is the Liberty Module from Vulcan. But then again, it's not the cheapest solution either.

I am running an XDP dump and I love it! I never worry now bout runnin it under an 1/8th tank and if I do run it rite out it isn't hard to prime my lift pump which is just 16 inches ahead of the sump.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am running an XDP dump and I love it! I never worry now bout runnin it under an 1/8th tank and if I do run it rite out it isn't hard to prime my lift pump which is just 16 inches ahead of the sump. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, thats what I want to hear. I never yet have ran my truck under 1/4 tank just to be safe. It looks to be a pretty good design, but I think I'll put a valve inline so I can work on the fuel system without loosing fuel all over.