• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rotella 0-40 syn???

Hi noobie here on this site!Just wondering! I'm having hard time finding any info if it's ok to run the Rotella 0-40 syn diesel oil?? I'm in northern Ontario and we see temps as low as -50 Celsius!!! ya it gets really cold! I heard of lots of guys running the oil up here and getting 400,000 + km on there rigs but sill just looking for some more input!Thanks

I just bought this truck and the previous owner had run the 15-40 all the time! but he only ran the truck in the summer months! he told me to just run the 15-40 all year! but I was told by a buddy that has an 0, and I also believe that the 15-40 would be way to thick in cold temps and that should run the 0-40 in the winter months! and yes! run the 15-40 in the summer months!!Thanks guys