• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

12 Valve boost increase or lack thereof..

On the way home from work last night, the truck put me to the side of the road with 'no throttle response'..Investigation led me to the rod from the linkage to the pump had 'unthreaded itself'.. I fiddled in the dark to get it back together. I remember seeing somewhere the proper length of this rod, but cannot find it now. Anyone know, off-hand? Thanks.

ISX, I replaced the new ofv with the old one, and stretched the spring a tad as well as added a little piece of a pen spring.. boost gauge in lower right is my temporary fuel pressure. With the "new" ofv before, it idles arould 16ish and I never saw higher than 20psi. This OEM modded one's pressure is pictured below.[ATTACH]5226[/ATTACH]Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

post-10339-13869819926_thumb.jpg

ISX, I replaced the new ofv with the old one, and stretched the spring a tad as well as added a little piece of a pen spring.. boost gauge in lower right is my temporary fuel pressure. With the "new" ofv before, it idles arould 16ish and I never saw higher than 20psi. This OEM modded one's pressure is pictured below. [ATTACH]5226[/ATTACH] Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Whatever you did make sure it doesn't go over 45-50psi.. It could crack the fuel filter housing (supposedly). But it does prove your lift pump is still good. I would just order a tork tek OFV so you can adjust it easily. My old one has a huge hole in the bottom too and its a piece of crap. My new one has a 0.08" hole and its much better. I think the hole itself acts as a restriction and helps it out a lot.

Thanks, Rick. I almost 'have to' track them down; I've got no choice otherwise :banghead:

I'm still banging away at the 47RE issues, however LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Whatever you did make sure it doesn't go over 45-50psi.. It could crack the fuel filter housing (supposedly). But it does prove your lift pump is still good. I would just order a tork tek OFV so you can adjust it easily.

My old one has a huge hole in the bottom too and its a piece of crap. My new one has a 0.08" hole and its much better. I think the hole itself acts as a restriction and helps it out a lot.

I might order the Tork Tek one next paycheck..

Posted ImagePosted Image

• 3 months later...