• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

MPG fooler / High Idle Mod

• Owner

It. Was 79 here today :) Looks good mike. What are all the switches for again ?

I guess you didn't watch the video. From left to right. 1. ECT fooler set engine temp to 123*F 2. IAT master switch to fool or use the IAT sensor 3. MPG fooler set IAT to 143*F to simulate summer conditions. 4. 3/6 Cyl high idle mode select. So Now I can start, stop and control high idle functions anytime. Now I can forcibly control IAT for aiding in economy of the engine.

That's slick!! What's that on your oil fill cap?

Frantz Filter Bypass OIl Filter return. http://www.wefilterit.com/ Really good product made right here in Nampa, Idaho! :cool:

• Owner

1. ECT fooler this is to hold the ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature) low so high idle will remain set all the time. Once ECT hits 170*F then high idle is canceled.

2. This switch either select the IAT fooler or IAT (Intake Air Temperature) Sensor.

3. This switch selects 143*F IAT Temperature for MPG fooling.

4. This switch selects 13*F (3 cyl) or 26*F (6 Cyl) for high idle mode.

I can ditich the #2 switch and then lose the MPG fooler the rest are part of the high idle system.

Since the high idle is about fooling for colder IAT temperatures and MPG fooler is about fooling for hotter IAT temperature it makes sense to combine the extra switch in the IAT circuit so you can have both worlds but build it with safety lock outs so you can't select both at once. :smart:

Oh a road report from yesterday...

Made a typical round trip to McCall, ID 70 mile round trip for groceries. Return home at 20.9 MPG. Winter front used. This also includes climbing 7% grade too.

Weather: Clear 35*F

Actual IAT: ~85*F

Forced IAT: 143*F

It's nice now because I can flip the switch off and check IAT temps see actual and then set the fooler again.

• 2 months later...