• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Possible Torque Conveter Replacement

Alright guys, I am new to this forum and did a lot of reading on the TC lock/unlock thread and was hoping my alternater could be causing my TC to have problems. I took some voltage readings and based on what I was reading in the other thead I throught I might have a problem: [TABLE=width: 504][TR][TD]Battery Volts AC [/TD][TD] [/TD][TD][/TD][TD]0.039 - 0.041[/TD][TD]FAIL[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]Based on these I thought my alternater was going bad, but I took the truck to a shop today and he tested it on the truck and said voltage was good and the diodes were good. So on my way home I stopped at the local shop and talked with the owner about my problem and we went for a test drive: - when I pull up to a stop sign the truck wants to keep pushing through it and the motor sounds bogged down. After I stop for a few seconds the rpms jump about 100 revs and I can feel the truck buck and hear something click. After the bucks the motor sounds normal and the truck isn't trying to push so hard. The truck will also die every once and a while when I go from park into drive or reverse. Their opinion of the problem was that my torque converter and or clutches were going out and I would likely need to replace it. Couple questions: - Does their opinion seem to make sense? - If so, can you guys recommend a place to get a TC? - Are rebuilt TCs worth the savings?2001 5.9 24valve - RV275 Injectors - BHAF - Boost, Pyro, EGT GaugesBought it to tow a 1994 28' steel framed camper (its a beast)

Not what mine was doing prior to replacement. Others may chime in. Mine would not go into lockup. Web from 3rd to overdrive. Then it would chatter in 3rd and OD when under a low rpm load. Torque converter made it a whole new rig. I got a twin disc billet. Only problem is that it idles now at 12 mph. I take it out of gear at stop lights as I don't like the wear on the discs. Stopping is also takes more effort. But I like the fact that it engages positively. But I would not recommend it if you spend a lot of time city stop and go driving. Like picking someone up at the airport curbside.Not sure rebuilt is worth savings. Consider doing your rear main seal at the same time. Possible new seals on transfer case too. Take it apart once.