• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

mixing oil in tank...

I raided Wally world last week and bought every jug of 2 stroke they had. $12 and change/gallon.I just put new injectors in my 903, and I want the first sip of fuel to have the extra lube!So, here is my situation, This tractor has 2 saddle tanks, about 110 gallon each. They are connected at the bottom with a 2.5 inch pipe. My filler inlet is on one tank only, (same tank that pump draws from and returns to). I'll pour 2 gallons of wallys blue into the tank (it's about 3/4 full at this time)... and stir the crap out of it. I was thinking about getting a paint stirer chucked into my drill? The fuel cap is 4 inch, so getting something down in there shouldn't be a problem. Maybe even a piece of 2 inch wide flat steel (as a paddle to mix) Going with new filters too, so I should have a pretty decent chance of hitting my new injectors with plenty of slippery diesel!After this initial fill, just pouring the 2 stroke as I am filling should be good enough for mixing... Plus, the agitation from the return is huge!

According to the laws of Chemistry, once you pour the 2 stroke in, it is mixed in all of the diesel. However as we know, it will take a bit of agitation in the fuel to mix it well. Just driving it down the road about 1/4 mile will agitate it enough to mix the oil in the fuel. Make sure to put about 1/4 ounce in the fuel filter area to give a good shot to the injectors.

LOL, I was hoping it would follow the laws of chemistry! And not just go to the bottom of the tank like a cold lava lamp...:lmao:The 2 filters hold about a gallon.. I'll 'juice em up' too!This engine has to be the easist motor ever to prime... Standard procedure to restart engine after running out of fuel:Fill tank with fuel.Fill filters with fuel.Start engine. The injectors are driven off the cam shaft with pushrods. The 'injection pump' is basically supplying fuel to the fuel gallery drilled down the center of the heads, at about 200-300 lbs pressure. (depending if idle or wot) and what isn't used goes right back to the tank. This thing is as simple as a rock. :wink:

• Owner

Typically it does mix well in warm temperatures but in colder temperatures it might just drop to the bottom. Stirring the fuel wouldn't hurt a bit. But I wouldn't stress it to much being the diesel fuel is a mild lubricant and its not like your starting with gasoline or alcohol. So pour it in and take it for a ride by the time you get back to the shop it should be stirred up for ya.

Might also try to pour the 2 stroke in first, and then add the fuel on top of it...it's what I typically do when I'm adding it to my Jeep or my truck. That way, the cavitation of the fuel hitting the existing fluids in the tank will mix the oil into the diesel. At least, that's the theory behind it...