• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ordered a fuel boss this morning

I took the plunge and ordered a fuel boss this morning from Glacier Diesel. I ordered and extra belt and the hobbs override switch. I'm not in need of a lift pump replacement yet, but having not upgraded my system yet, now's as good a time as ever. Also ordered new thermostat, hoses, water pump, and bosch alternator rebuild kit from geno's to stay ahead of power curve on that as well.I'll do my best to take some pics when I install the fuel boss and do a write up on the installation. Richard at Glacier Diesel, as has been numerous time reported both here and other forums, was great to deal with. He answered my emails promptly this morning and instilled confidence in my decision to go with his kit. I'll keep you all posted. I probably won't get it on this week unless all my parts come at the same time, as I want to do all of the above at same time. But, at least will be ready for my next week off.

• Like 1

It looks pretty cool... the only thing I worry about is pulling fuel from so far away... Fluids tend to like to be pushed rather than pulled, especially in gelling weather.

• Like 1

I took the plunge and ordered a fuel boss this morning from Glacier Diesel. I ordered and extra belt and the hobbs override switch. I'm not in need of a lift pump replacement yet, but having not upgraded my system yet, now's as good a time as ever. Also ordered new thermostat, hoses, water pump, and bosch alternator rebuild kit from geno's to stay ahead of power curve on that as well. I'll do my best to take some pics when I install the fuel boss and do a write up on the installation. Richard at Glacier Diesel, as has been numerous time reported both here and other forums, was great to deal with. He answered my emails promptly this morning and instilled confidence in my decision to go with his kit. I'll keep you all posted. I probably won't get it on this week unless all my parts come at the same time, as I want to do all of the above at same time. But, at least will be ready for my next week off.

You'll never look back. I must be 4-5 years into mine now and love it. As for pulling fuel or cold weather, we get -20 here where I live and no issues at all. Best money i spent on my truck yet, and yes, Richard is awesome to deal with :thumbup2:
  • Like 1

You'll never look back. I must be 4-5 years into mine now and love it. As for pulling fuel or cold weather, we get -20 here where I live and no issues at all. Best money i spent on my truck yet, and yes, Richard is awesome to deal with :thumbup2:

do you have the secondary electric lift pump inline? or are you just running the boss only?
  • Like 1

Yea I still have the factory lift pump installed and it still works. About 3 years ago I broke the belt off the Boss by going through a very high and hard snow bank left by the snowplow. Snow must've wedged itself up in the and popped it off , it went right back to the factory pump to supply fuel. Knock on wood, I have had literally no issues with this pump at all other than that one belt, and that was my own fault. A buddy of mine bought one about a few weeks before mine, have never heard him say he's had any issues either.Only thing i'd say about this pump that you should maybe consider...if you're an offroader that goes in mud bogs, you may want to look at making a little cover or something to keep the mud or rocks from going up in around the pump and getting at the belt. If you're just a road driver..no worries

• Like 1

Interesting, I will say I have replaced a couple of belts ($7 each) on mine in roughly 6-7K miles, and if I drove hard it would be more frequent. I had to replace one the other day after letting a buddy borrow the truck so I can only assume he romped on it several times as he is a gear head too. I can only assume they are not top quality belts as they keep wearing prematurely and causing slippage. It could also be culmination of 4:10 gears, Nv4500, and quick torque making gear pulley 2 play catch up to gear pulley 1. I will have to look into some better belts. or bigger lugged pulleys.

• Like 1

These belts look to be standard cogged drive belts. What size are they? I have yet to have one fail on my belt driven mobility scooter but sourced spares from PolyTech. www.polybelt.com I found what I needed in their online store at very low prices. The mobility scooter runs the belt quite snug to keep the belt from skipping. Reportedly, once the belt skips failure follows quickly.

I finally got to watch the video posted. That is how I had my first belt, and it actually lasted the longest, but still only about 4k miles. I was told to tighten it up just a bit by DTT, so I did so and of course just replaced another one the other day. I need to get in there and check some things. I am sure there is a logical cause for it, I just have not had time to address it yet. Do you route through your filter housing before or after your pump and are you running two identical size cog pulleys? I still have to do a twin filter setup, thus I am running through my factory housing after the pump and it may be causing a little back pressure causing the crank to out run the pump when I gets romped on. I will get it figured out, luckily it is only a 7 dollar issue.

• Like 1