• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

UPDATE! Aug 28, 2007 - MPG and Cost per mile

• Owner

Wel gang...

I'm going to show to graphs... First off a bit of history... From day one when I bought the truck I was told by people to get PowerService +Cetane Boost and run that with the truck to protect the IP/LP pumps. I ran PS till 50K mile when I lost my first LP & IP pumps. After losing both of them I start looking at better solutions that PS, MMO, etc... Hence the start of 2 cycle oil research at 85K miles. I din't have the dosing ratio figured out in the early time but by 95K miles I had figured it out!

MPG graph... Take notice the PS up 50K is flat no change and after 95K miles it take off! (2 cycle oil)

Posted Image

Cost per mile... Notice the reducution in cost per mile once I got the ratio figure out for 2 cycle oil!

Posted Image

And if 2 cycle oil is bad for injectors and LP/IP pumps then why is my dyno sheet so good???

Posted Image

Stock mode - 228 HP /462 TQ

Edge Comp 5x5 - 379 HP / 831 TQ

Edge Comp 5x5 - 381 HP / 826 TQ

(8% correction factor)

I've got my truck covered for the entire year. And for those of you that ask how I keep my injectors clean. Simple I change my fuel filter 2K miles early and use QUALITY FILTERS and FUELS! As for ANTI-GEL the 2 cycle oil is rated down to -40*F. I've NOT USED a SINGLE FUEL ADDITIVE, CLEANER, or CETANE BOOSTER since 50K miles... So if my MPG is HIGHIER now why do I need to used such products??? You go figure...

• 6 months later...

I've got little red x's for pictures on mine...What mixture are you running?I put about half a bottle in my 100gallon tank to get back home once,when my LP started acting up,and after I did that I had some kinda wierd problem,at an idle the truck would act like it had been shut off for about .25 sec,then it would blip back up to 800rpm and run fine,then do it again...it finaly went away,but I never figured what the problem was.

• Owner

Yeah... I was using pics from the static web site but the pics are now long gone... But I could send you the links to the PDF files that now replace them... :thumbsup http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/general/better-mpgs/better-mpgs.htm 128:1 ratio is what I normally run... As for what you added or how much to 100 gallons of fuel... :confused: You got me... :rolleyes