• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

exhaust brakes

was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on which exhaust brake to use on my green hulk....and if anyone might b able to tell me if this is an easy install( like do it in the driveway with a beer and and a few friends easy) or if its more complicated than that? I was also wondering which system would be the least expensive but still b reliable

It's not a terrible job. Make sure you get one that will in-line with your current plumbing. Many of us have larger pipes that can make it harder to do the exhaust brake.

I'm looking to put one in too. I just done have a grand to throw at it yet... Let us know which one you go with and also, check with the manufacturers guide for installation. This should be pretty detailed in the requirments.

FOUND THIS ON BD'S SITE FOR THEIR UNIT...

http://www.dieselperformance.com/productManual/2033135_-_2033137_Dodge_Engine_Brake1.pdf

• Owner

I've got a Jacobs Brake on mine from Dodge for about $700 bucks shortly after I bought my truck. as for problems with the system there is rarely any problems with it expect I had a Vacuum valve fail causing it to stick. This was covered under warranty. After that I found there is a stone screen on the dump port that need to be removed and washed once in awhile. But as for performance of braking it works awesome... I'm sure there is better designs out since mine by now... But I'm still running stock brake pads on my truck I've never done a brake job yet 159K miles later. I haul heavy during the summer with firewood and travel 30 miles of forestry dirt roads from 8K elevation all the way back down to 1,800 feet... I've gotten so good about using it I never touch the brake while drive now. Theonly time the brake pedal is touched is to STOP completely or if something sudden happens. http://forum.mopar1973man.com/picture.php?albumid=3&pictureid=24