• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

0 445 120 238

I thought about saying something like this:"This was a test to see if anybody was reading my posts".:sleep:But alas, the better part of valor (bold ___ lie) wouldn't let me do it!:evilgrin:Oh, by the way, you passed. :thumbup2:

Well today I changed out my old injectors for the new Bosch injectors with 50 hp DDP nozzles.I didn't have anything too serious to complain about with regard to the stock injectors with the single exception that my truck was smokey when ever I would accelerate. The harder I pressed the 'go' pedal the more smoke I made. Even when using my Smarty, I just couldn't minimize the smoke. Now i didn't black out the area but it would certainly leave a noticeble cloud when I would accelerate.So no missing or other noticeble problems. I have 128k on the original injectors.So the motivation for the change was strickly hoping to get a little better mpg (and performance when needed) and I got a very good deal on the injectors so I bit the bullet.:think:I was surprised with what I found when I got the old injectors out. 4 of them were wet and very gummy feeling on the nozzles. The other two were dry and pretty clean looking. One of the dry ones was clean enough that I could read the nozzle information that was etched on the side of the nozzle. The other dry one had a lite coating of baked on carbon, but I could sort of make out the etched markings on the nozzle. The 4 wet nozzles were so gummed up that you couldn't make out any markings.So my initial take away is that I had 4 injectors that were weeping (or maybe leaking). I am still perplexed why I didn't have some more noticeble tell tale sign that 4 injectors were going bad.After the injector install, I drove the truck and I couldn't make it smoke. :) I have the smarty set to stock right now. I am hoping that I will in fact see some MPG improvement now. I will drive without the Smarty for a while until I can characterize any improvement just from the injectors then I will play with the Smarty to see what further improvement I can see.

post-11041-138698201337_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

The nozzles were 7 hole design. The vendor provided me with the flow data and the angle of the spray which was for the '05 CR. I had not way of testing them myself so I relied on the vendor info.I have less than 100 miles on the new injectors so far. Biggest changes I have noticed so far is that I don't produce any smoke on acceleration and my overhead is reading different. Appears to not be as optimistic on mpg reporting as with the previous injectors.The last full tank of calculated mpg was off (low) 4.1 mpg from the overhead read out.

The nozzles were 7 hole design. The vendor provided me with the flow data and the angle of the spray which was for the '05 CR. I had not way of testing them myself so I relied on the vendor info. I have less than 100 miles on the new injectors so far. Biggest changes I have noticed so far is that I don't produce any smoke on acceleration and my overhead is reading different. Appears to not be as optimistic on mpg reporting as with the previous injectors. The last full tank of calculated mpg was off (low) 4.1 mpg from the overhead read out.

I doubt that they are the correct spray pattern if they are 7 hole. the 7 hole are 143* marine. I am not saying they won't run well in your truck. I am saying you were likely told wrong. We sell the same style of injector for $2100 for the set. Assuming you did get the 143* just run without timing and you will keep the spray in the bowl and reduce pre detonation. It is a good injector just tune for what you have.

These are DDP nozzles and not Bosch Marine nozzles.I don't have technical specs to know if DDP nozzles are different than the Bosch Marine nozzles that I think you are referencing.The DDP nozzles were specifically for the '04.5 to '07 5.9 Cummins CR.The injectors were new Bosch (not rebuilt or remaned) for the same engine and not the Marine injectors.I have been told by several vendors that Bosch has recently made some body change to their Marine injectors that will no longer fit the aftermarket nozzles like DDP etc.