• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Spent the majority of today installing my superglide auto hitch. Managed to get one from a guy on CL. Its an 18k. Boyo, the parts war eagle sent over to me was some work! Nothing that would be his fault. Definitely makes me wonder about pullrite though. The bolts were too short for the rear brackets. So I had to get new ones.. Biggest pain was taking the overload brakets off. Rusted on!

So I could not resist! I had to hook it up to the trailer and see how it was gonna work out for me! Here is the results!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

^On uneven ground. It does not sag much.

I measured the front a rear wheels for suspension change:

Front:

- 9 1/4, after hitching, 9 3/8's

Rear:

- 11 1/2, after hitching, 9 1/2

So it shows to me that with the given pin weight, I should not lose much if at all steering control. It was resting on the overloads, but the springs were not flat. Still had 3" of suspension travel left before it will hit the bump stops.

So whattya guys think???? I'm excited. Hope that don't change when I start pulling her down the road... That will be this weekend! :ahhh:

Nice lookin trailer Hex. I might have missed it, but is it a toy hauler? Hard to tell from the angle of the pics.

Yes, it is a toyhauler. All the info and pics are in the link in my sig.

Going to need air bags to level out the truck. Might also take it to a local truck scales and see what everything weighs out at. Hex lets see some inside the RV pictures... Heck I'm hitch up and ready to go. No sag and not even on the helpers... :whistle:

Yep, gonna get airbags or timbrens. Trying to decide which ones to get. Dunno if I can combine the two. I'm gonna tow it this weekend for memorial weekend. Hoping to hit the scales back on the way home. It will be pretty much empty. Pics are in my sig. You also have a travel trailer, not a big ol' honkin' toy hauler!

Looks good, Hex. Mine goes to the overloads and stops and the truck sits level. But being a long bed the center of my hitch is just forward of the center line of the axle.

Hmm, mine should be just forwad of the centerline of the axle as well. Pullrites mounting kit using existing holes for their mounting location. I seem to learn alot through experience... lol. Did a little more research and compared to other toyhaulers they are lighter than mine. If only, if only...

Get bags and stay away from the timbrens, I had a set of timbrens for my 05, I only used 2 times a few years ago and my kidneys are still hurting at the thought of them, Unless you don't mind driving around on a nearly solid rear suspension while unloaded, even with a heavy load on they were fairly harsh. I sold them IIRC someone on this forum bought them too.

Get bags and stay away from the timbrens, I had a set of timbrens for my 05, I only used 2 times a few years ago and my kidneys are still hurting at the thought of them, Unless you don't mind driving around on a nearly solid rear suspension while unloaded, even with a heavy load on they were fairly harsh. I sold them IIRC someone on this forum bought them too.

Hmm, I thought they were squishy? :think: