• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Replacement doors/ bottom panels

• Owner

As for replace skins I've got no info... But as for prevention of this problem is rather simple. I normal take my time and wash either about the truck doors, door jambs, etc. Make sure you spray some water up through the drain holes to rinse any mud or debris out. Then in the salt area I hear people using waste engine oil in a bug sprayer and hosing down the inside of the door with waste engine oil. Just the bottom half.

As for replace skins I've got no info... But as for prevention of this problem is rather simple. I normal take my time and wash either about the truck doors, door jambs, etc. Make sure you spray some water up through the drain holes to rinse any mud or debris out. Then in the salt area I hear people using waste engine oil in a bug sprayer and hosing down the inside of the door with waste engine oil. Just the bottom half.

excessively slammed doors and hanging weight will greatly affect this situation, my wife likes to grab the door to pull herself into the truck and it causes more wear on the hinges then what they were designed for, so the door sags and rubs onto the jams.

I just put the running boards on my truck to try and keep some of the salt and slush off of the rocker panels and the door seams at the bottom. Cross Canada auto body sells alot of panels but I'm not sure if they have a depot in the USA or not. My cargo door latch was seized shut at the bottom when I bought my truck from the water being thrown into in over the years off of the front tire. It took a 6 foot 2X4 prying from inside, alot of oil and a friend with a screwdriver and a hammer to hit the bear claw latch at the same time to pry the door open, so make sure to keep the cargo door latches well oiled on the trucks that have suicide doors.

The dang rust has eatten all 4 of my door edges. I guess when Dodge paid out big bucks to settle the class action suit for CARS rusting body panels... then only upgraded the CARS & not our trucks. I'm throughly discussed wityh the rust issues my truck has. I bought it new, paid big bucks... Russ

It's nasty when they rust like that. The only thing that saves them around here is a good oil spray when they are new and every year after. The only problem with the oil spray is that when you have to work under the truck you are going to get really dirty and greasy from it.