• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dash light wire

Are you talking the fuse or actual connector on the back of the instrument panel? I'm not sure what pin you're looking for. There's several wires coming from the junction block (fuse panel in the cab) that go to different lights. Not sure if these diagrams help; they're from 99 FSM.[ATTACH]5651[/ATTACH][ATTACH]5650[/ATTACH]

Instrument Cluster_1.pdf

Instrument Cluster_2.pdf

I'll take a shot in the dark here. Pin 5 in C2 for the parking lights. The dash lights come on with the parking lights.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll take a shot in the dark here. Pin 5 in C2 for the parking lights. The dash lights come on with the parking lights.

Ok so messed with it for an hour or two again tonight. Somehow I got the headlight switch and heater control lights working. Kinda leads me to believe its in the cluster itself?? I need to invest in a wiring diagram. Any recommended ones to buy?

Just a suggestion...I don't remember which wire off the top of my head, but diesel manor has install instructions for gauges-and they show the wire that you're supposed to tap for the gauges to light up, and for them to dim with the dash lights. I know the instructions are on their website, as I've used them before. I would identify that wire (it will show a drop and rise in voltage as you adjust the dimmer switch) and trace that to the back of the cluster. If nothing else works, you can always run a tap to one of the lightbulbs on the back of the cluster itself, as it will act to complete the circuit and provide light and dim the cluster illumination.