• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ABS Sensor Wire

So I replaced my wheel bearing/hub assembly yesterday, I didn't put the heat shield/dust shield plate back on due to destroying it getting the hub off. My ABS wire was then able to rub on my rotor, not to my knowledge of course, and proceeded to cut the cable almost in half. Is there any way to fix the cable? :shrug: I really don't want to buy another 270 dollar hub for a dagum cable.

Rock Auto has just the wire and the wire/sensor combo.

- - - Updated - - -

I seem to remember a thread here about a new sensor having to be shimmed properly to read the tone ring though. Cant remember if thats the case though.

• Like 1

Well I'll ell ya, when I do the other side I will remember tie the dagum wire up out of the way :lmao:. Never done a hub/wheel bearing with ABS, All my previous vehicles have been w/o ABS so I never had to worry about it. Good thing it was my own truck to learn on though! LOL

I've had to replace several of those, and never had to shim any of them. And like said above, you can buy just the cable itself

Well if my cut and solder doesn't work, then I will definitely just buy the new cable and sensor. Got a few more days till I go back to work, but when I do it I'll let ya know how it goes! :thumbup2:

I've had to replace several of those, and never had to shim any of them. And like said above, you can buy just the cable itself

I was not sure about the shims, thought I had read it here somewhere and thought I would mention it.

• Owner

I've repaired my ABS sensor by soldering and shrink tubing then a good covering of electrical tape. No issues. Why? Because when it broke I figure I just replace the one sensor and be done. WRONG! If you replace ABS sensors in the front it has to be in pairs both left and right side at the same time. What happen is the new sensor worked but not match to the old sensor so 0-10 MPH no ABS light above 10 MPH the light tripped. So I repaired my old sensors and it works just fine and no light.

• Like 2