• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

s03 pm3 comp stack question

i just sent my pm3 back for the comp upgrade and i was wondering.... im almost positive the comp adds timing well so does my smarty that its stacked with now ik i shouldn't run both with timing wich one should i run the timing with? is one better than the other in other words?

The Comp adds timing + fuel. Smarty gives you the option of timing + fuel, or just fuel.Stacking them adds the fueling and keeps the Comp timing.Read the back of the Smarty. It should have the info you seek on which CATCHER levels don't add timing.From what I understand, you can't separate the timing & fuel on the comp, so you are stuck with the comp timing.

Yes, if you only want timing on the tst then run the smarty on even# settings. I have always heard about to much timing being bad but I believe the vp can only go up to 24 degrees of timing anyway so I doubt there is any real danger in running both with timing. My puller buddies run 30'ish degrees of timing on p-pumped 24v and 12v trucks.

I was under the impression you ment Edge Comp also. Punctuation, minimal abbreviations, and sentence structure is your friend when it comes to forums.

A few years ago, I had my 24V, ran an Edge Comp/TST Comp stack...it was downright scary! (in a good way). The TST Comp on level 6 at least as far as the seat of the pants went was almost comparable to the PowerMax 3 on LVL 9. It definitely changes the fueling curve, much more aggressive, and being able to run the Smarty, as opposed to the Edge, having more timing adjustments, definitely will help out quite a bit. It's a great stack, the TST Comp is really going to be a fun mod.