• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Figured I would start my own thread and add pics of myself hauling things rather than cluttering up someone elses thread.MIL wants to sell her 1994 S10 Blazer 4.3 multi port auto with 267k miles on it and has been parked for over 2 years, throw new battery in it and still no start, add fresh gass check spark both good, no fuel so it got hand winched onto the trailer to come home with me for a fuel pump and clean up to sell for her."update" got the fuel pump in and she sprang to life, warmed it up and the muffler came apart inside :banghead:Rear rig is a 1990 S10 2.5 5 spd 160k miles my brother in law donated to me, very rusty but engine and tranny are strong runners so home it comes with me as a beater pickup after I replace the valve cover gasket and fix the temp sensor.Not bad for a few hours work.Next project is to build side boards for the trailer to haul scrap off her farm to clean up and then.................................... To load it up with fire wood!!!!!:evilgrin:

post-10023-138698206448_thumb.jpg

post-10023-13869820646_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is load #2 for the day, cleaning up my Mother inlaws farm. First load was a full sized pickup trailer loaded to the gills with scrap, even destroyed a bald tire on the trip to the scrap yard.Load #2 1981 ford F250 4x4, lots of scrap piled up under it that can't be seen in the pics, along with some old fuel tanks and an old home built trailer frame on the roof.The second pic is the next load to head to the graveyard, my 1965 chevy c60.

post-10023-13869820744_thumb.jpg

post-10023-138698207451_thumb.jpg

Whats up with all the trees? I thought you were in ND? :think:

This pic shows old school growth Chinese elm that needs to be plowed over. ND has a lot of trees that have been planted in the last century. Not sure what you have been taught or heard but the north eastern part has tons of trees just like Minnesota and the south western part has a lot of river bottom woods and a lot of wooded draws and coulees in the hill country, the south eastern 1/3 sucks with few trees and table top flat and the north western 1/3 isn't bad with rolling hills but that is all oil country now but not many trees. We have many types of landscapes, I grew up in the hills and valleys of the Missouri river breaks that Lewis and Clark traveled through and wrote about and spent an entire winter just 3 miles from my family farm and General George Armstrong Custer spent his last days at Fort Lincoln which is just a few miles away as well before his trek to his last stand at wounded Knee in Montana. Dorkweed comes to ND to hunt but he sticks to the extreme flat land treeless area in the SE part of the state, I rarely ever go there, if you are born and raised in the hills flat land is hard to put up with it is a bit rolly polly in the SE but in comparison to my area is flat as a pancake.:surrender:

This pic shows old school growth Chinese elm that needs to be plowed over. ND has a lot of trees that have been planted in the last century. Not sure what you have been taught or heard but the north eastern part has tons of trees just like Minnesota and the south western part has a lot of river bottom woods and a lot of wooded draws and coulees in the hill country, the south eastern 1/3 sucks with few trees and table top flat and the north western 1/3 isn't bad with rolling hills but that is all oil country now but not many trees. We have many types of landscapes, I grew up in the hills and valleys of the Missouri river breaks that Lewis and Clark traveled through and wrote about and spent an entire winter just 3 miles from my family farm and General George Armstrong Custer spent his last days at Fort Lincoln which is just a few miles away as well before his trek to his last stand at wounded Knee in Montana. Dorkweed comes to ND to hunt but he sticks to the extreme flat land treeless area in the SE part of the state, I rarely ever go there, if you are born and raised in the hills flat land is hard to put up with it is a bit rolly polly in the SE but in comparison to my area is flat as a pancake.:surrender:

Well, alot of it comes from people who have been there or knew people that came from there. Although, I suppose most of them came from the flat land area, haha. Custers last stand! That was one wicked dude.. I know what ya mean about going from mountains to flats! I go from good ol' North ID, to central WA! :banghead:

Total gross weight was 22,100 lbs myself not included.Ford was 4850 lbsFerrous scrap was 2510 lbs Trailer and Pickup alone with 1/2 tank of fuel, normal supplies and me not in it came in at 14,740 lbs with 70 lbs of 2 auto Batteries that stayed behind too add 275 lbs for me.This was the load.

post-10023-138698207616_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well we have a contractor starting a patio / staircase / landscaping project in front of our house and I am pitching in where I can to save on costs and I am trucking some of the material myself, here is the first load of retaining wall blocks, 6 pallets worth weighing in at roughly 3500 # each.The ol cummins definitely new they were there, trailer weighs about 6-7K# alone so total weight was in the neighborhood of 28K# behind the girl. She did fine but with the long grades we have I wish I had the ability to lock out OD but nothing a quick blip of the go pedal to kick it down into 3rd on occasion couldn't fix.

post-10023-138698208519_thumb.jpg

Yesterday got another couple loads of scrap to the recycling facility, one was a pickup box trailer full of scrap and the one in the pics of my 1965 C60 Chevy, I pulled the 283 engine to hang on to for no reason in particular and the box has some garbage in it too.Total gross weight was 22,820 lbsnet load weight was 8400 lbs, pickup with trailer and me NOT in it with under half tank of fuel was 14,420 lbs.Other than a 20mph crosswind blowing me around a bit I didn't hardly notice this load back there compared to the blocks.Monday I am picking up another 6 pallets of landscaping blocks, will possibly pull across a scale this time just to see the weight, it will be 3 pallets of the same blocks I picked up the last load in the pick above and 3 pallets of pavers.

post-10023-138698208738_thumb.jpg

post-10023-138698208748_thumb.jpg

Yesterday got another couple loads of scrap to the recycling facility, one was a pickup box trailer full of scrap and the one in the pics of my 1965 C60 Chevy, I pulled the 283 engine to hang on to for no reason in particular and the box has some garbage in it too. Total gross weight was 22,820 lbs net load weight was 8400 lbs, pickup with trailer and me NOT in it with under half tank of fuel was 14,420 lbs. Other than a 20mph crosswind blowing me around a bit I didn't hardly notice this load back there compared to the blocks. Monday I am picking up another 6 pallets of landscaping blocks, will possibly pull across a scale this time just to see the weight, it will be 3 pallets of the same blocks I picked up the last load in the pick above and 3 pallets of pavers.

There are pine trees in ND??

There are pine trees in ND??

Every yard and shelterbelt has them!:thumbup2: You spent too much time in no mans land up in the NW portion of the state I guess. :wink: Colorado Blue spruce and Black Hills spruce are the most popular along with Scotts and Ponderosa which are actually a native pine here too. http://www.treesforme.com/nd_pinus.html http://www.ag.ndsu.edu/trees/handbook/ndhand-1.htm

Every yard and shelterbelt has them!:thumbup2: You spent too much time in no mans land up in the NW portion of the state I guess. :wink: Colorado Blue spruce and Black Hills spruce are the most popular along with Scotts and Ponderosa which are actually a native pine here too. http://www.treesforme.com/nd_pinus.html http://www.ag.ndsu.edu/trees/handbook/ndhand-1.htm

Ha! I guess. I will be back up on the peninsula late next week. Doing the twice a day drive between the S. tip of the peninsula and the Minot Holiday Inn is great too. :ahhh:

Where or what is the "Peninsula"?:think: Just had supper at "Badlands" in Minot tonight as we were in Sawyer looking at a truck. My butt is sore, a smidge over 300 miles round trip for that. If I decide to buy the truck I will be back up there next weekend possibly to get it, if I do I will just haul it home on my trailer. I will shoot you a pm if I pull the trigger possibly we can meet up for some BS and a Bite.

Where or what is the "Peninsula"?:think: Just had supper at "Badlands" in Minot tonight as we were in Sawyer looking at a truck. My butt is sore, a smidge over 300 miles round trip for that. If I decide to buy the truck I will be back up there next weekend possibly to get it, if I do I will just haul it home on my trailer. I will shoot you a pm if I pull the trigger possibly we can meet up for some BS and a Bite.

The big point of land south of New Town bordered by Lake Sackajaweja or however its spelled. I am working nights on this job, and the schedule is "variable.." However, I will be driving back through your neck of the woods after leaving Minot to head back to Denver and would be happy to meet up. Especially since this is likely my last trip to ND for about 3 years.

So the 48 doesn't have the ability to lock out OD? What does the TH mode do?

The 48 does in all years except 05, the pcm software doesn't allow it, 03-04 could be programmed to lock od out and 06 on had the ability from factory. There are tranny controller units made to lock out od but I have been too cheap to get one yet.

• 1 month later...

Had another load today, 2008 3500 Dodge with a dump body, The contractor I have hired for a landscape project in front of my house had a wheel bearing / front axle u-joint go bad and locked up temporarily, so in a trade for labor on both jobs I went to town and hauled it out to my shop to fix up the front end for him.Got it pulled apart and it wasn't too bad, upper ball joints have some movement but not going to do them at this time it will be ok for a while, both wheel bearings are good but the driver side axle shaft u-joint is just starting to go bad but hasn't totally failed yet and the right one still looks good, so will be doing drive side axle joint and brake pads and possibly a front pinion seal for him.

post-10023-138698210518_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

Well I have an actual paying load coming up on Friday. Brother in law sold an old john Deere 5020 tractor and the buyer wants me to haul it to his farm, will be about 100 miles +- loaded one way and around 275 miles total for the day "rough guess" going to the in-laws farm and back home added on. Will get pics sometime this weekend.

He agreed to pay me $500 to haul it for him. :wink: