• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

fuel injectors Dodge Ram Cummins Diesel 2002 HELP!

ok i am cleaning my fuel injectors and in one of them there are 2 shims. i do not know if some one has put them in by mistake. the fist one i cleaned has one shim the 2nd one has 2 can some one tell if that is wright thanks

First off welcome. I am not the injector expert, but the shims are put in to adjust the pop pressure of the individual injector. Sense not all are the same it might take more in on than the other, so I dont think what you are seeing is unusual. I sure some one else more knowledgeable will come along and explain it better than I have.

Thanks for your help was int sure if some one goofed up. i picked up a 56 block i am going thought it. new gaskets. front and rear main seals tap it cover. new water pump cleaning injectors. timing cover case is up dated so no kdp. new cam sensor.going to rebuild the old motor out of the truck after i install this one

Hey! Welcome! Stick around here, you just might learn a thing or two. Dripley is right, the shims are for adjusting the pop pressure of the injectors. The springs get weaker over time and it "tightens" them up. I may suggest that you get rv275's if you got some cash to spare.

Are you guys talking about the washers for height seating ??? Not following ... Never heard if the washers being used for pop pressure ..., only for injection angle based off height of seating position .... Or are you talking within the injector body

• Like 1

Are you guys talking about the washers for height seating ??? Not following ... Never heard if the washers being used for pop pressure ..., only for injection angle based off height of seating position .... Or are you talking within the injector body

yes its in the body under the spring