• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Latest Wood Score

dorkweed

The neighbor behind me finally got the "tree guys" out to take down a silver maple that was hanging over their house. I was planning on working today; but I had a light week, so I took the day to cut and gather this instead!!! I got probably 85% of the big stuff. Marvin, the owner, said the other neighbor wanted the smaller stuff..........under 4-5"..... so I left that in long lengths..................just to make sure he really wants it!!!!:cool::2cents: There's still the main trunk of the tree left to cut up/noodle!!

Marvin had them, the tree guys, just drop the tree. I'll help him haul the brush to the street-side so the township can chipper-shread it once the big stuff is cut and hauled.

I figure I pulled an easy full cord if not more. The brown dogs in the pix give some scale. About 12 wheel-barrows and 125 feet to where I dumped it. Free and close is good!!!:thumb1::smart:

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, here's the pix. They didn't take the first time!!!

And it's silver maple............a soft "hard-wood" that splits easy and dries fast. It's for next winter.

post-7-138698207835_thumb.jpg

post-7-138698207843_thumb.jpg

post-7-138698207852_thumb.jpg

• Owner

Oh, Come now Dorkweed you can do better than that... Where is the nice loaded truck picture? :lmao::lmao2:Seriously... Every little bit counts. I plan on head back out this fall and getting more wood and hauling home even more. I've got roughly 7 cords in the shed split and stacked and got about 7 cords still outside. I can hold about another 5 cords in the shed.

Oh, Come now Dorkweed you can do better than that... Where is the nice loaded truck picture? :lmao::lmao2: Seriously... Every little bit counts. I plan on head back out this fall and getting more wood and hauling home even more. I've got roughly 7 cords in the shed split and stacked and got about 7 cords still outside. I can hold about another 5 cords in the shed.

Mike, there's still a bit more wood from where this came from. It started raining, so I quit cutting and hauling. No need for a truck when the pile you see in the pix is less than 150 feet from where it was felled and where I cut it into rounds!!! The base/trunk of this maple is close to 28"..........or the length of the bar on my chainsaw. Many of the rounds in the pix are 12-18" in diameter. Gotta line on another tree/tree's..................but that'll be a cool/cold weather endeavor!!!:cool: Cutting and bucking in the summer sucks!!!:smart:

• 3 weeks later...

Mike; are you getting caught up???:whistle:I've got almost 7 full cords CSS...............cut, split, stacked now. I only used just under 3 full cords last year. I'm a greedy SOB...............I wanna get "ahead" in my wood gathering..............as all of my wood that I scrounge is "HARD"...............and take time to dry/season. Just in case I cannot gather wood for a time...................I know I have it then!!:smart::thumbup2:Just a wondering!!!:thumb1::2cents:

I have 10 hickory trees on the ground. I need to get them cut up, and hauled to my friend's place; he has the splitter.

It's usually easier to haul the splitter to the trees than vise versa!!!!!:smart::thumbup2: I'd give Michael's left nut for a big load of hickory!!!!:2cents::cool:

• Owner

It's usually easier to haul the splitter to the trees than vise versa!!!!!:smart::thumbup2: I'd give Michael's left nut for a big load of hickory!!!!:2cents::cool:

Excuses Me?! Those are my NUTS... You don't get to bargain with them! :lmao::lmao2: Typically I hitch up the wood splitter to the ATV and haul it around with the ATV. Then hitch up the BigTex to Mom's 96 Dodge and wheel it around like my big wagon. So move the wood splitter with the ATV to the pil and park the trailer net ot the splitter so just toss in the trailer.

I know, but it belongs to my friend, so I'm making it easy on him, plus he doesn't loan it out to anybody, so it's best if it just stays on his property. :rolleyes: I should be able to get most of the wood on the flatbed and knock it out in one trip.

You LIKE scoring your wood?!?:stuned::cookoo::lmao2:

I "LIKE" my wood!!!:smart: I don't "SCORE" my wood.

For me; where I live, a "SCORE" is finding a home owner/neighbor with a tree down and asking if the wood is spoken for and if not, can I cut it up and haul it out.................or a tree service cutting along the road and asking if I can load up some in my truck or trailer...................................or a friend willing to trade work at my place for tree removal at his.

There are numerous more scenarios that I've done before. I don't live near huge national forests like Mike..................where he can buy a permit and go cutting like crazy in order to fill his wood shed.

Just saying!!!