• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

DTT Assassin Help!!!

Just installed my assassin lift pump and draw straw and I am only getting a slow stream of fuel from the pump.Draw straw was installed by drilling a hole in top of the in-tank fuel module. Drilled two holes in the bottom of the fuel module as stated in the instructions. Ran the draw straw through the top and bottom hole so it would be sitting on the bottom of the tank inside the screened cap and trimmed the straw so it would be as close to the bottom as possible. Ran new hose from draw straw up to the pump, then from the pump back to a T with the regulator. At the T, the t'd hose heads up to the stock fuel filter and the back side of the T returns to the tank where I connected it to the in-tank fuel module.I disconnected my hose at the incoming port on the T and turned the engine over and am not getting any more than a slow stream of fuel coming out. So the only components I have between the outlet and the tank are the pump and the draw straw.Anyone have any ideas???!!!!! Note: Assassin pump is set up with the small gear on the pump and the large gears on the harmonic balancer.

Just installed my assassin lift pump and draw straw and I am only getting a slow stream of fuel from the pump. Draw straw was installed by drilling a hole in top of the in-tank fuel module. Drilled two holes in the bottom of the fuel module as stated in the instructions. Ran the draw straw through the top and bottom hole so it would be sitting on the bottom of the tank inside the screened cap and trimmed the straw so it would be as close to the bottom as possible. Ran new hose from draw straw up to the pump, then from the pump back to a T with the regulator. At the T, the t'd hose heads up to the stock fuel filter and the back side of the T returns to the tank where I connected it to the in-tank fuel module. I disconnected my hose at the incoming port on the T and turned the engine over and am not getting any more than a slow stream of fuel coming out. So the only components I have between the outlet and the tank are the pump and the draw straw. Anyone have any ideas???!!!!! Note: Assassin pump is set up with the small gear on the pump and the large gears on the harmonic balancer.

Did you cut the bottom of the draw straw at a 45 degree angle? I don't know if it comes that way, but my air dog needed to be cut.

• Owner

Did you cut the bottom of the draw straw at a 45 degree angle? I don't know if it comes that way, but my air dog needed to be cut.

EKkkk! :wow: I highly suggest against the 45* cuts. post-2-138698208033_thumb.jpg Draw Straw I without any cuts. I've got the thickness of a quarter (coin) from the bottom and 4 small notches on the tip no more that 1/16 of inch deep. You have to remember the bottom of the tank will defect when going from empty to full almost a full 3/8" difference. As for the flow issue I would go back over all the plumbing and verify there is no hard kinks or bends that might slow flow down. Then also double check the pressure regulator I've heard they had issues.