Jump to content
  • Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

    We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 


    Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

    • Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Sign in to follow this  

Fuel pressure gauge..

Recommended Posts

I'm thinking of putting a fuel pressure gauge in my '06 to keep a eye on the lift pump pressure,I figured running a stock setup, fuel was probably the most critical to keep a eye on. I wasn't sure if a 30 psi gauge was enough, so looked i've been looking at some 60 psi ones, I'm interested in this one. http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/41042/10002/-1?parentProductId= Where is a good place to plumb this in , and will I need a 'T', or is there a blind plug somewhere I can tap? Thanks!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like 30 psi will be plenty then :thumb1: Is the petcock in there to bleed off pressure? I'm assuming ,no hardware comes with the gauge , so what will I need to tap into the system? The "banjo bolt" way of tapping doesn't apply to the CR system right? So I would need a T at the filter housing or tap into a line?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

That petcock is actually a needle valve. This goes inline before the gauge to protect the gauge from the water hammer the pumps create. You will also need some fuel rated plastic line. I believe 1/8" is plenty big enough. That's what I run at least. The only other things you will need are the fittings to put it all together. I personally don't know about where to tap the gauge into on a CR cummins. Someone more intelligent than I will have to fill ya in on that.

  • Like 1

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this