• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel pressure gauge..

sngsht

I'm thinking of putting a fuel pressure gauge in my '06 to keep a eye on the lift pump pressure,I figured running a stock setup, fuel was probably the most critical to keep a eye on. I wasn't sure if a 30 psi gauge was enough, so looked i've been looking at some 60 psi ones, I'm interested in this one. http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/41042/10002/-1?parentProductId= Where is a good place to plumb this in , and will I need a 'T', or is there a blind plug somewhere I can tap? Thanks!

Looks like 30 psi will be plenty then :thumb1: Is the petcock in there to bleed off pressure? I'm assuming ,no hardware comes with the gauge , so what will I need to tap into the system? The "banjo bolt" way of tapping doesn't apply to the CR system right? So I would need a T at the filter housing or tap into a line?

That petcock is actually a needle valve. This goes inline before the gauge to protect the gauge from the water hammer the pumps create. You will also need some fuel rated plastic line. I believe 1/8" is plenty big enough. That's what I run at least. The only other things you will need are the fittings to put it all together. I personally don't know about where to tap the gauge into on a CR cummins. Someone more intelligent than I will have to fill ya in on that.

• Like 1