• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Boost Elbow/Limiter?

Does the turbo on my 2001 have a way to limit the boost? When using my quad box on level 3 (same as Edge Comp 5x5) I hit 40 PSI... I was told on the other forum that I can get a boost elbow to stop it at a certain point? Any explanation of this would be appreciated.

• Owner

There should be a wastegate and wastegat motor but it could be stuck closed. You might have to pull your turbo and inspect the wastegate. Anything over 35 PSI on a stock 35HX is too much... It creates a hot charge and might blow the turbo (over rev)... There is adjustable elbows... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DODGE-CU ... 6074QQrdZ1 Then you can adjust you MAX boost so you don't over boost your turbo.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

My edge comp will be arriving in a day or 2 so I'll be needing to get a boost elblow. How do those things work, it seems to me that by just turning the set screw in to restrict the flow of air to the diaphram you would just prolong the waste gate from opening, not prevent it. I do some pretty heavy towing in summer so if I pull at high boost for long enough won't the pressure build beyond the elbow to a point where the waste gate open and I loose the advantage?