• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Air dog 150 not working fuel relay clicking

When the WTS light doesn't light up the ECM did NOT boot up. Being the WTS light is not lighting showing there is a problem maybe. All other ECM function typically will be dead as well. (Lift pump, VP44, etc.)

Is it possible the only sometimes the ECM will not boot up. Its only once and a while that the WTS light will not light up. most of the time it dose though, just dosent stay on for long.

It depends on what the intake temps are. If you start your truck for a minute, let the grid heaters cycle a few times, then shut it off and restart it the wts light is not going to stay on as long as before because the intake temps are still warm. Is there an issue with the way the truck is running?JR

It depends on what the intake temps are. If you start your truck for a minute, let the grid heaters cycle a few times, then shut it off and restart it the wts light is not going to stay on as long as before because the intake temps are still warm. Is there an issue with the way the truck is running? JR

Truck runs great, It always starts right up. Only thing wrong with it is it only get 13mpg. I drive it very easy too, just cant get any better mpgs. I wasn't sure if the ECM is going bad which is causing problems with the vp44/timing which is the reason behind the bad gas mileage. Gonna try some RV275 to see if it helps any.

If the VP has high miles then it could be a part of it. Usually the ecm will not effect mileage though unless there's some real driveability issues. Generally you will get a check engine light if the VP is maxed out on advancement but not always. Injectors you can always pull and have them pop tested to verify before you spend money on new ones unless your wanting to upgrade anyway.JR

If the VP has high miles then it could be a part of it. Usually the ecm will not effect mileage though unless there's some real driveability issues. Generally you will get a check engine light if the VP is maxed out on advancement but not always. Injectors you can always pull and have them pop tested to verify before you spend money on new ones unless your wanting to upgrade anyway. JR

Is there a way to tell if the VP has been replaced?

Not to still this thread but I had similar issue happen last night when I hooked up my new mechanical gauges. I had fuel lines drained because I changed return line bolt in vp and added 2 ball valves on to air dog for easier filter change. So when I was ready to fire up the truck, I turned the key on and pump primed for few second just like usual and then I bumper the key without starting to prime and then I tried starting it and it cranked for bit but didn't even try to fire up. So I primed it again and gauge goes up to 18 or so then tried to start it again and after few cranks it fired up but my fuel pressure dropped to 0, I let it run for about 20 sec opened nidle valve up some more still 0 pressure so I shut it off. Did the key thing and got fuel pressure again, start the truck and no pressure. So then I hot wired aidog straight to the battery and fire up the truck and got pressure. What the hell?:think: Let it run for a few minutes like that shut it off hooked relay back up and it runs normal, 18-19 psi. What do you think cased that? And what controls that relay? ECM? Is that how it knows to prime for few seconds before start and like 30 second when you bum the key? P.S. I have another relay on fire wall I thought that was the one for aidog but when I jumped 30 and 87 fuel pump in tank kicked in, I didn't even know I had that one, air dog has a draw straw and was put in before I got the truck. Can I get rid of that pump all together? I'm going to pull the tank and put in a straw that goes in basket to fix 1/4 tank issue so ill have to get rid of that pump anyway. question is all the wiring for it can it be removed without issues since I'm guessing it was some recall thing anyway. Ok I'm getting lost in my own writing, so hopefully someone can point me in a right direction:ahhh: Thank you.