• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Newby HELP! Power down @ 1900 RPM

Newby HELP! Power down @ 1900 RPM

Here's my story bought my 1st Diesel, unknown to me it had a cracked 53 block. Ran good but high idle (about 850 rpm). Bought a used 2000 24valve with 50 k miles on it. Did the re n re myself all went good runs good but @ 1900 RPM powers down, no throttle resonse until the RPM drop below 1900. Replaced fuel pump as it was producing 6-7 PSI. Traded the new engine ecm for the old ecm, starts, runs high idle like old engine for a few seconds then tach stops working, idle drops to a lower RPM and check engine light comes on ....but when test drove didn't power out at 1900 RPM....switched back to newer ECM and runs as normal except still powering out at 1900 RPM which takes it down the road at about 65mph. Accelerating onto freeway is done gradual as long as I don't hit the dreaded 1900 RPM I have power..NOTE it will rev to the redline when in park. Codes?? no check engine light on ...how can I check for codes??

Thanks 2 everyone for your help and suggestions

1999 2500 4x4 short box auto. 53 block 24valve just tossed and replaced with 2000 24valve. BHAF, BD Diesel Flow Max fuel pump, intank pump tossed

Edited by Mopar1973Man

are the MAP sensors different between those year models? i know various fueling box come with adapters. and even mopar1973man says that it does report correctly to his scangauge. i agree with mopar1973man. get a scan tool that gives you live info. if you have a laptop, getting a tool that is usb could be invaluable.please keep us updated on your swap

• 8 months later...